TDECU as XFL venue

I beg to differ…I am only an oil & gas attorney, but I did take a class in Patent, Trademark and Copyright Law…
If they play professional football, which they do, it would cause confusion to the public (“Wait, you mean the Oilers are back ???..), which would negate any chance of this happening…IMO…

3 Likes

I have a Master’s in Oil, Gas & Energy Law from OU, but I will be in Norman cheering for the Coog’s.

3 Likes

Way Cool !!! I was a Petroleum Landman for 3 years, then went back for my JD. Retired from practice in 2002. Loved the law, loved my clients, hated that billing had become too all important…
I now just concentrate on my itty bitty production company. We are in the greatest industry on the planet !!!

2 Likes

It seems like there are a ton of attorneys here…I am one of them and work for a major energy company.

3 Likes

I was wondering what that smell was…:poop::money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

Yes you are, and I am jealous…lol!

1 Like

Well, my favorite jokes are attorney jokes…:smiley:

3 Likes

You mean lawsuits. I’ve been a landman since 2009.

1 Like

I am as well, as the username indicates. I work for the people of the State of TX (felony prosecutor).

4 Likes

Thank You for keeping all of us safe from the bad guys…you have a very serious job, and your success provides all of us with peace of mind !!!:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

What about putting up a thread dedicated to “suing and win against the cfp”? I understand it is a different type of law that you all practice. Everybody would love to read your insights and possible solutions to this scam.

2 Likes

UAB is in the XFL?!?!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

[quote=“activepooter”> ha! I like the houston fire ants for a name…but it’s a pest…so…maybe something like houston roughnecks or something like that…houston oilers is probably trademarked…

[quote=“theant, post:259, topic:15694”]I grew up hearing Columbia Roughnecks all day every day and ants… kinda goes without sayin’
[/quote]

Sooooo, guess I won on the name, right?

1 Like

I find it odd that we can’t say the word s#!t, but the main ad at the top is for a strip club.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1182674798272491521?s=20

Looks like the Roughnecks will only be using the first level seating for their games at TDECU.

Visitor side is the home side, I was told for TV purposes.

In today’s money this what the MLS standard contract looked like. We are all seeing what is happening with the ncaa & athletes possibly being paid. It would be smart for the NFL to make a deal with the XFL to be an actual minor league.

3 Likes

Farrow and Ayers were drafted this morning to XFL teams.

3 Likes

Phillip walker QB for Roughnecks. Temple QB 13-16

3 Likes