Tomorrow’s AP poll

I’m gonna say number 7. Idk why but that’s my guess

1 Like

#8 cuz Michigan St will pass us after beating #19 Wisconsin in the road.

UNC lost Tuesday and Nevada hasn’t played a top 25 so we should move up to #7.

2 Likes

Yeah, Nevada not playing will hurt them. And their only loss was an upset blowout.

2 Likes

Absolutely, positively no way the Cheaters drop right before the greatest sporting event since the Ancient Olympic Games.

North Carolina, Kentucky, Michigan, and Tennessee lost this past week.

1 Like

No one behind us should pass us and we should pass UNC and Michigan to take the #7 spot.

Really should pass Nevada too but not sure that happens.

2 Likes

We move up to #8

If we had played better teams, I think we move up a spot. Pairing that our two games were UConn and Tulane with Marquette getting a victory over Villanova and Michigan State getting a win at Wisconsin, I think if any team falls behind us, Marquette or Michigan State might skip back ahead.

We will probably move up in the Massey Composite a full spot though since the ratings weighing our average down give bonus points for beating teams like Tulane by 30 points or more.

#8 I think

Going w #9 AP and #8 Coaches. There was too much separation(pts) with teams above UH.
NC lost to UVA so prob won’t be penalized. Mich will lose 2-3 spots but stay ahead of UH imo. Kent will sit in the 5-7 area with big win over UT.

1 Like

I do not disagree with you guys on what may happen but Nevada has not won or lost against a Q1 team all season.
Gonzaga has had a couple good wins early but since then has played no one in their conference.

Saying that, I think both those teams are very good and a legitimately threat to make the Final Four.

Best case scenario is we move up 1. Most likely is we stay the same.

2 Likes

The “Quality Loss” thing is upsetting to me. If you lose, you loss…no mstter how good or bad the team is. Reward those teams who won, to move up. A loss then win the next game should equal a fall back because the initisl loss. Stop rewarding randed teams that lose to other ranked teams. If they want to cry about being in a hard conference, let the team that want to be in the harder conference take their place…boom, solved.

6 Likes

Elite 8!

2 Likes

#8 most likely, #7 if we’re lucky, #6 or better if the devil gets frostbite.

Agree about loses. By the quality loss standard you could lose close to all Quad 1 teams, blowout the Betty’s and still be in the Top 30. Not cool. Sports are first and foremost about winning.

2 Likes

Bingo. Can the last place team in the ACC claim that all of their blowout losses was “Quality Losses” so therefore they should be allowed in the NCAA tourney because the toughness of their schedule??? We know one team (cough , cough Texas, cough, cough) that this idea is being floated in support of. A 15 - 11 UT should be good enough for NIT or CBI or CIT tourneys, not the NCAA tourney…OK, they beat some ranked teams, but the lost to ranked teams as well.

1 Like

This seems like a strawman. If you lose a bunch of close games to good teams without ever beating a good team and blowout terrible teams you aren’t getting ranked in the AP and you aren’t getting an NCAA tourney bid. Your Kenpom/BPI rating could be decent I guess though.

That was an exaggeration of the philosophical idea behind quality loses. In my eyes a “quality loss” is on par with “fun divorce”, “temporary erectile dysfunction”, and “exhilarating public flatulence”.

In short, the glorification of failure by comparison.

2 Likes