Tomorrow’s AP poll

Seth Davis moved LSU ahead of UH because 25-1 and a H2H win doesn’t matter…

2 Likes

Oh brother, Mr. HATER SETH DAVIS…i want to beat Duke, his Alma Mater…just to hear him whine how Houston is not a Top 25 school.

Betty would like to speak with you Sir.

My Wolfpack has this resume’. Good Sagrin/NET/Pomeroy. OT loss to UVA, close losses at Lousiville and Wisconsin. Decent wins against Syracuse, Klempson, and Auburn. There is a huge difference in playing an ACC schedule and playing an AAC schedule. UH and Cincinnati would finish high in the ACC. UCF, USF, and Temple probably would not. That impacts the way people view AAC schools, especially if they don’t watch them enough to have a good handle on how good they are.

There is so more pressure on those who don’t play those type of schedules. It is not like Gonzaga with such a weak conference but they did play some heavyweights outside the league.

When there are just a few marquee teams on the schedule you have to win them. When you have a number of them and lose you get makeups, like Kentucky after losing to LSU. Tennessee walked into a buzz saw at Kentucky. The AAC is not the ACC but it is still a quality conference where winning on the road is not easy. Losses should matter a lot and the fact Nevada has played no one all season and has a 30 point loss to a medicore team should matter. We lost to a bubble NCAA team on the road to a controversial call or we would still be the lone undefeated team.

Losses are losses. Win your schedule. If everybody want to complain about conferences, let everyone in that want to be in the hard conferences and dismiss those that want to complain to easier conferences, but dont penalize those that are forced to play their schedule because they are in a percieved weak conference. I see the Zags beat Duke, but othereise in s weak conference. I dont want to hear, yeah, but they beat Duke. Move up for winning, move down for losing.

Lansing St. Journal. AP writer has no business getting a vote…

1. Duke
  2. Gonzaga
  3. Virginia
  4. Kentucky
  5. Tennessee
  6. Nevada
  7. Michigan State
  8. Michigan
  9. Marquette
  10. North Carolina
    11 Kansas
  11. Louisville
  12. Houston
  13. Buffalo
  14. Purdue
  15. Wisconsin
  16. LSU
  17. Villanova
  18. Virginia Tech
  19. Iowa
  20. Texas Tech
  21. Florida State
  22. Iowa State
  23. Kansas State
  24. Maryland

Coogs stay at #9 in new AP Poll.

Kind of predicted that. There was too much separation in amt of pts with teams 1-3 spots ahead. All is well. 25-1 !

That’s what my guess was. We’d stay at 9, with the possibility of coming in at 10 was greater than that of 8th.

1 Like

yep I think I predicted #9 AP n #8 for Coaches. Will scroll up n see.

Yep predicted #9 & #8–Coaches.

Our ceiling in the regular season could be #7 until we face Cincy in the road.

3 Likes

So the AP is saying if you don’t play anyone you don’t move up.

Unless you are Gonzaga or anyone else…but Houston. Navada is playing a bunch of nobodys as well.

1 Like

#8 Coaches Poll

4 Likes

Sometimes you have to work a little harder than the other guy to prove your worth. Annually making it in the top 10 or going far in the tournament will gain respect from the voters.

We haven’t been where we are in a long time so voters are iffy about us.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s pretty egregious. Using a whole lot of “eye test” on that one

One voter has Coogs at 19. Now that’s beyond egregious.

2 Likes

Seth little brother???

I think voters like that, have a personal agenda.

For some reason, they are trying to keep UH ranking lower than it should be.

2 Likes