TxTech favored by 2.5 pts

Any and all arguments do not negate the fact that the coaches and the defense were standing around while Tech was running for an uncontested touchdown. Just sayn’ . . . . . Not saying the offense was better or worse than the defense, but giving up the ball 6 times does not help their cause. Personally, I believe this loss was on the entire team, with emphasis on the coaching staff . . . . .

actually Houston is considered the actual favorite to win. The home team always gets 3pts. just for having home field advantage. On a neutral field we would be a slight fav. based on the current spread.

Pick UH. Safe bet.

While not a given standard, 3 points is the accepted amount given for a home team. Bama or a Clemson or an LSU might receive much more than 3 for a home game while UH at Rice that 3 point home field is probably not a factor.

Sage advice! Of course I don’t mean friendly small time bets, like a dinner or few bucks, with a friend – I’m talking about big time gambling.

1 Like

Put this here since we’re talking about odds…Bovada’s latest odds has us at 400/1 to win the championship this year. That’s actually down from 300/1 prior to last week

https://twitter.com/osmattmurschel/status/1039335957986721792

The spread for the game already has moved from TT -2.5 to UH/TT PK

Houston pk -115
Texas Tech pk -105

Betting Consensus

Houston 61 % vs 39 % Texas Tech

I like it when we are the underdog.

Looks like Houston -1 now.

we went from 21.5 underdog to 1 pt favorite in 3 days
lol

1 Like

This much movement gives me an uneasy feeling. I’d prefer to have a game where we’re the clear underdog and there isn’t a lot of Vegas interest.

2 Likes

The probable reason for the line change is uncertainty at qb for tt. I haven’t seen the latest news, but I am guessing tt either announced the qb is out due to injury or continuing to say questionable.

I don’t see any way Tech isn’t sticking with Bowman until they are forced to deviate because of poor play. From what I hear, they weren’t completely sold on Carter to begin with. I’m hoping they have to try multiple QBs this week to try to stop the bleeding.

It’ll be Bowman. See the what the other side is saying thread. There is an injury report. A couple of RBs are injured as well.

I could be wrong but Kim Helton was the greatest “cover” coach in UH history. Not a lot of wins but his teams seemed to cover the spread all the time.

Not that I bet a lot.

appears to be some injuries in the tumbleweeds but no idea how accurate this this

I’ve been watching the Ole Miss v. Tech game on You Tube and De’Leon Ward is a stud. That dude is super quick. I read somewhere that they held him out of the Lamar game because of a tweaked groin but that he’s probably going to play against us. If that’s the case, our guys better do a good job of funneling him toward the middle of the field. He gets around the edge fast and can get to the second level before you blink your eyes.

This guy?

(Note: Case was dismissed. In one day. Nothing to see here I’m sure.)

4 Likes

The call came a little late or TT snapped fast…but Davis let Couttee go…he blew coverage