WHAT IS YOUR FONDEST MEMORY OF UH ATH?

https://twitter.com/JoeAlcoser/status/1241100576374603776?s=19

1 Like

JU’s coach was Tom Wasdin.

1 Like

From the SI Vault…the Jacksonville game. Not all roses, but nice trip down memory lane. Was one of the first few in HP, front row seats…so much fun!

60-40

Jackson’s pick 6.

Bill Rogers’ British Open victory.

1 Like

October 13, 1990!! Houston beats Texas A&M 36-31. I was hooked after that game. The way we went down on the last drive was absolutely incredible.

I wish I can watch/see that game again. Can’t find it on YouTube or anywhere. Help!!

2 Likes

All of the great memories listed above. At 62, I’m not as old as Eatemup or Nanook, but I have a lot of the same firsthand memories…

With all that we have been through as an institution and Athletics…my top 3:

1. Peach Bowl, standing there with my buddies and our wives, surrounded by players families in the stands, grown men, me included, openly weeping tears of joy…
  2. TDECU
  3. Tillman Center

Again, with all that we have been through.
And I believe the best is yet to come.
Go Coogs !!!

2 Likes
  1. PSJ the most fun era

2. 2nd most fun era - R&S and kicking the Whorns butt multiple times

3. Most fun game - Kicking Louisville butt while ranked #5

4. Proudest moment - Andre’s H

5. Worse experience - NC St Final Four Loss

2 Likes

If you got Louisville, got to have OU#3 beating them at Reliant while on ABC national

3 Likes

Methuselah calls EATEMUP sir.

2 Likes

I have to disagree. OU was arguably a better win, but Louisville was in our stadium with our fans, and it was total domination. Definitely more fun.

We need Greg Ward!

2 Likes

Jeppeson Field House watching Elvin & Don as Freshmen

5 Likes

Delmar, I only started following UH in 1976 and those games were before my time here.

Nope - never called me that; maybe Nanook!

Yes, but he stated how most UH people feel about ut sports !!

1 Like

1969: Houston 74 - Mississippi State 0

When we played at Ole Miss and beat them on their own field one of the band members told me that the Ole Miss fans started throwing cokes at the band and leaving the coke in the bottles. When the Bus pulled over for a stop to get the members some food. Ray(my friend different last name) said some girl came up and called him a racist. I think you have the term backwards he told her it is people who don’t allow negros to participate that are racists not the people that do. What a weird time that was to live through. Oh and UH elected the first black homecoming queen in the south which was definitely a great memory as well.

3 Likes

If I remember right, Ken Bailey started the Florida and Oklahoma State games in which we were 0-2. Coach Yeomen then gave Gary Mullins his first start in the Mississippi State game, and we went on to finish the year 9-2, beating Auburn in the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl.

2 Likes

Correct.

There were better teams record wise but that 9-0 in 69 was the most dominant run in my opinion. We only broke a sweat once, when Earl Thomas caught the game winning TD late in the game Miami.

Our schedule was stout too! That was probably about the time Darrell Royal started thinking he’d rather have us inside the tent. And I digress.

OU was a good and better win, but my most fun win was against Louisville. They were #5 and is was far more fuh in our home and putting the H winner on his back all night was far more fun for me.