Will TTech/Ole Miss Advocare game sellout?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmCBAZBWsAAP1If?format=jpg

So I was there with family and it was pretty weird. We had 500 level tickets, but they closed it down. When we got to the top of NRG they were giving out 100 level tickets as substitutions. We walked back down and realized that the tickets we were given were nowhere close to one another, so we ended up in a long guest services line. They gave us club level tickets which were really nice, but we didn’t ultimately take our seats until halfway thru the 2nd quarter. Most people with upper level tickets were given substitute tickets that were spread out at random areas. The customer service lines were really long.

2 Likes

Ouch

That is pathetic.

40K my foot.

LOL what a joke

You make that UH vs Notre Dame, UH vs Alabama, UH vs LSU, UH vs Florida State, UH vs Clemson, etc. and that place will sell out every year. It will attract the die hard Coogs, the fair weather Coogs, the casual Houston area college fans, and the fans of the visiting team. (ie OU v UH)

Texas Tech and Ole Miss., TOGETHER, do not have enough cache to sell the place out in Houston, Texas. Despite what all the Texas Tech Red Raider fans will have you believe.

I guess the main question is
are they more concerned with selling travel packages or tickets to the game. I’m going to guess it’s the former.

2 Likes

I would think TV stations decided that. I’m not sure AdvoCare cares about tickets sold. It would be better to judge national tv numbers for today’s game versus past years.

People say this stuff like the schools want it. Those schools won’t do a one in done in Houston to play UH and we don’t have an opening for them. Be realistic and pick a team we already have scheduled. My question to you, if Advocare asks UH to move the 2021 Boise State game to Reliant, would our AD do it and would you be happy about it?

On yeah, when you say Tortilla Tech vs OlMiss, there’s some national cache for you.

Plus, as we all know, the B12 already owns Houston. Can’t wait to see those ratings numbers.

Unfortunately, you’re probably right about Advocare not caring. Problem with college football these days. Sigh.

Ratings should be out Monday or Tursday. Will be interesting to see how it compares. Wish we’d be able to see our rating to see what the total numbers were, especially within Houston.

Give anybody in Texas a schedule against Alabama, Clemson, OU, et al and you would fill a 40,000 seat stadium.

1 Like

Really confused on the point you were trying to make. You hit reply to me, but nothing i said was about selling more tickets.

If it is a chamber of commerce game, change the purpose from selling hotel rooms to promoting the local university that is growing academically and athletically by leaps and bounds.

UH versus big names going forward.

If you promote UH football, you might sell hotel rooms for regular season UH games.

Again, ask the AD if he wants to move the Boise State game to Reliant for the Advocare bowl. Ask Applewhite if he likes the idea. You guys are making it sound as simple as Advocare sending out invites and teams having open spots and being fine with the location.

HTeams accept the Advocare invitation, so they must have an opening. Just change one of the teams to UH. It is not like we are setting up a middle east peace conference. Where there is $ there is a way.

So if we get invited to play a game at AT&T Stadium to play TCU, you think that is a good deal for us?

Depending on the money, heck yeah.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure UT would agree to a one and done in San Antonio. You should email the AD about that and see if he responds.

Are you saying we wouldn’t play UT in San Antonio?!

Heck we would play them in San Angelo, San Diego, San Luis Obisbo.

2 Likes