Thanks Oscar appreciate your help in 2017 but now we are good:

1 Like

I can Feel It!!!

2 Likes

Ugghhh Josh James.

2 Likes

Being designated home team has not worked out well lol

1 Like

Dusty Baker lost this game. He didn’t take out Josh James after the fifth inning. He left James in the game to start the 6th inning.

What did James do? He did what he has done all season, which was giving up hits or walks. When James gave up a hit to start the 6th inning, I was yelling at the TV set for Baker to take him out of the game. Did Baker take him out of the game? No, he left him in to pitch to another hitter.

What did James do? He gave up another hit. Two on base to start the 6th inning with no outs.

I was begging Baker to remove James, but he didn’t, then the James gives up a 3-run HR. James isn’t a good pitcher this season. He has control issues and only has a fast ball to rely on. Any one who has followed the Astros for the past two years knows Josh James is not a good relief pitcher, especially this time of year when only the best of the best of baseball is still playing.

Chalk this loss to Baker.

4 Likes

James lost this game but I agree there was no reason to stretch James 2 I innings at that point. He was fortunate to survive the first and has been prone to walks and HRs.

Baker is the manager. He is the decision maker. It’s his responsibility to put the best possible players into the game and take them out when they get into trouble or for strategic advantages. There were enough sample sizes of incidents this season to discern that James would likely get into trouble.

It took a double play in the fifth to pull James out of a troubling situation. There are only a few pitchers on staff where fans have to hold their breath while the player delivers the pitch. James is one of those players. As soon as the first A got a hit in the sixth, James should have been removed. The second hit…for sure take him out. But no, Baker left him in the game and the rest is history. Three run lead gone.

The three batter rule was exhausted in the fifth. Baker should have brought in Raley after the first batter got on base to start the sixth.

Other than injury, players don’t remove themselves. Managers must foresee possible situations and make the preemptive move to protect the lead. Baker’s fault.

1 Like

He left James and Raley both in too long, but even more troubling for me was pinch hitting Reddick for Maldonado in a clutch situation (2 on, 2 out in the 8th). What exactly has he seen from Reddick at any point this year, especially in the playoffs, that led him to think Reddick was a better option than Maldonado in that situation??? I’m so ready for Reddick to be gone so none of our managers have that option any more.

2 Likes

Sambito, anyone ?:smiley:

2 Likes

Reddick is clearly suffering from a batting slump and it doesn’t appear that he will come out of it anytime soon. Another troubling player is Guerriel. What the heck is wrong with him? If the Astros advance, they are going to need for Reddick and Guerriel to contribute more offensively.

2 Likes

I agree, but Yuli is far and away the best 1st basemen we have. Reddick is good defensively, but not so much better than Tucker that he has to be out there. Man, I really miss Yordan!

1 Like

Looks like more of the same today! Good chance Oakland comes back and wins this. To be honest we don’t have enough pitching to beat Tampa or the Yankees in a seven game series

If we lose today, no chance we win this series. Tomorrow is going to be a crap buffet as far as pitching.

One run game now!

1 Like

WOW!!!

ANOTHER HR!!!

ASTROS UP 5-3!!!

STILL NOBODY OUT!!! FIVE RUNS IN!!!

GO 'STROS!!!

3 Likes

Dang it Greinke.

Stop servin’ 'em up!!!

1 Like

Finally took Grienke out, I have an uneasy feeling every time he starts. At least he was taken out before any more damage. I know what he used to be; but he isn’t that pitcher any longer and I just don’t trust him. Though he still has some good days, there just aren’t as many of them any more.

It’s time to pad that lead. After this inning, I’m heading to TDECU – Brantly just powered another dinger!

3 Likes

I am not going to get excited and jinx them.

Come on Stros!!!

1 Like