10 of 10 on Free Throws Tonight

There was a thread about it like a week or so ago. It was double digit difference on the road, advantage at home but not as much of one. I think our conference is the worst of the major 7 when it comes to even officiating.

2 Likes

You’ll have better luck getting conversations going without adding little pot shots in your replies.

Noted, but please explain.

1 Like

I agree but it’s not just us. These refs are terrible.

1 Like

In conference, we have a 23.375 to 20 FTA advantage at home, and a 15.89 to 25.78 disadvantage on the road. It’s pretty stark.

1 Like

That’s why they won!

1 Like

Free throws are gifts from the refs! They are usually a weapon used by the refs against our guys to compensate for the other teams’ inferior talents or as a way for them to handicap us and stack the odds against us!

1 Like

“Hello Friends” . :smile::laughing:

2 Likes

Smitty you been at it all mid-day , take a break. We need you for Sunday! #Rest :grin:

2 Likes

It is indeed a weapon. Imagine shooting so poorly and still only losing by 6 points. We should have been blown out, and yet it felt (at least to me) that it was a blow out. But not due to poor shooting but foul calls and the disruption of our team play.

My main point is similar to yours in that foul calls are more than allowing the opposition more points, but they affect the game, and exponentially. Even the commentators were talking about what it meant to the opposition when the Coogs out-rebounded them; even they discussed that the rebound stat (like fouls) is more than just a stat line-it awards us numerous advantages. The team with the most fouls has been losing in the AAC this year.

Last night foul calls: UH-24 Uconn-16 result L

Memphis vs Uconn: Uconn-22 Memphis-15 result L

Uconn vs Cincy: Cincy-22 Uconn-15 result L

Cincy vs Memphis: Memphis-33 Cincy-23 result L

lol I can go on. I mean you can’t make this stuff up. There’s definitely a trend here.

1 Like

lol Jess I will. I know, I know. I need to let others talk. I’m firing up the pit tonight and won’t be back on until Sunday. Good to see ya. :beers:

I’m starting Spring Break w/ my wife tonight. She’s an Administrator in CFISD so you won’t see me much on here either. Actually headed out of town rt after we attend Sunday’s game. #GoCoogs

3 Likes

Not entirely. If the other team is allowed to play more aggressive defense it will, at least on some level, affect your ability to make shots. If you’re driving and getting hacked with no calls…you’re more likely to pull up and shoot a jumper the next time, than you otherwise would have been, which is a lower % shot.

Plus on the other end of the court…UConn was getting easy point after easy point at the charity strip due to unbalance officiating.

Eliminate foul shots. Instead, the team that was was fouled takes it out with a new shot clock.

Winning or losing a game at the foul line sucks. It’s time to think outside the box.

Until we have a guard that can get to the hole or a post player that plays face to the basket we won’t shoot as many FTs as the other team.

2 Likes

Announcers came across as totally ignorant of UH basketballl.

1 Like

Yeah I noticed during the game when they were commenting noticeably about Uconns titles and the one announcer quickly said that UH has been to 5 Final 4s but never won one.

It was really telling when the announcer stated that the great UConn defense was causing UH to go deep into the clock prior to shooting the ball. To the best of my memory, that has been a given almost all year long . . . . . among other comments . . . . .

1 Like

I’m sure every team that goes on the road feels like or may have an apparent free throw discrepancy, or they feel refs are biased against them, not just the Coogs lol

1 Like

The AAC has proven to be more than willing to manipulate outcomes to assure better postseason slotting, so we’ll run into Memphis or Cincinnati in the semifinal and have a bald face lie of a game called to get one of them into the final.

Might work in our favor though, being a 10 seed is a lot better than the 8/9 hole we’re in now.

3 Likes