2021-2022 Season

Why would they be? Anyone with a small sense of objectivity knows Holgorsen has a lot to prove this year.

his stats in juco arent even good… if i had to guess it was a referral from another coach

dana probably put out a call to his juco connects “im looking for a qb late, no one major is available. you guys know anyone available with some potential/diamond in the ruff”

but thats just a guess by me

Holgorsen has a history of getting JUCO and transfer QBs that plug and play. He doesn’t typically develop the talent, he likes to cherry-pick it.

I think someone said Holman has about 20 games under his belt at the JUCO level. A lot game snaps above the high school level.

1 Like

Edwards had offers from a couple of decent C-USA schools, Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee State, so it’s not as if he came out of nowhere.

pesik, are you sure Edwards is a walk-on? I thought he was a late addition to the scholarship recruits.

Ike Ogbogu is the walkon i was referring, the other player battling for the backup spot

I have seen Edwards on film. He is an impressive looking kid, both running and throwing.

They just put on the pads right?
Relax and let the next few weeks play out for the depth chart.

2 Likes

Again RWcoog is spot on. Depth chart is something that constantly changes, especially three weeks before a season starts.
Coaches sometimes list a player on third or fourth team as a way to get them more motivated and strive to get better.

4 Likes

They have been in pads I believe since last Tuesday

Depth chart can change up until game time. You think you’re starting and then you’re not. Crazy how it all plays out.

4 Likes

Perhaps Holman will be like another small town Mississippi QB who played when I attended UH. He became rather famous.

Could happen, huh?

I give, who was that and when did you attend UH?

https://twitter.com/folkstalksports/status/1427383327489679361?s=21

1 Like

I attended from 1966 to 1970.

Hint: Has 2 sons that won a Super Bowl.

Can’t I just get an answer? I was in the Navy from 66-70 and UH wasn’t on my radar screen.

Archie Manning…we played Ole Miss, and nearly broke him in half…
Where are my steak knives ?

1 Like

Manning broke his arm v. Coogs

1 Like

I thought he was talking about a small town Mississippi kid who played for UH. I got out of the navy on June 19, 1970 and went to LSU that fall. I was in the student section at the LSU-Ole Miss game that was Manning’s last against LSU. Manning played with his left arm in a cast and LSU won 53-17.

2 Likes