2021-2022 Season

They just put on the pads right?
Relax and let the next few weeks play out for the depth chart.

2 Likes

Again RWcoog is spot on. Depth chart is something that constantly changes, especially three weeks before a season starts.
Coaches sometimes list a player on third or fourth team as a way to get them more motivated and strive to get better.

4 Likes

They have been in pads I believe since last Tuesday

Depth chart can change up until game time. You think you’re starting and then you’re not. Crazy how it all plays out.

4 Likes

Perhaps Holman will be like another small town Mississippi QB who played when I attended UH. He became rather famous.

Could happen, huh?

I give, who was that and when did you attend UH?

https://twitter.com/folkstalksports/status/1427383327489679361?s=21

1 Like

I attended from 1966 to 1970.

Hint: Has 2 sons that won a Super Bowl.

Can’t I just get an answer? I was in the Navy from 66-70 and UH wasn’t on my radar screen.

Archie Manning…we played Ole Miss, and nearly broke him in half…
Where are my steak knives ?

1 Like

Manning broke his arm v. Coogs

1 Like

I thought he was talking about a small town Mississippi kid who played for UH. I got out of the navy on June 19, 1970 and went to LSU that fall. I was in the student section at the LSU-Ole Miss game that was Manning’s last against LSU. Manning played with his left arm in a cast and LSU won 53-17.

2 Likes

We beat up on Miss St a couple time and of course played Southern Miss home of Bret Favre quite a few times.
USM was the better program.

1 Like

“As for Houston, though, this doesn’t make much sense” That’s exactly what I thought when I saw that we had received votes.

It makes complete sense when you look at our schedule…This team can win 10+ games…That will certainly get us ranked.

I don’t think that is necessarily true…I think playing in a better conference will help raise a school to the level of that conference in short order if commitment, leadership, and support is there. Now if Houston joined the Big 12 then I suspect they might be competitive right away, and if not, then soon after joining. And until they get to that point you’ll have at least one guaranteed conference win every year with Kansas…the Jayhawks are a level of gridiron failure that boggles the imagination…if they didn’t have a quality basketball product they would be utterly useless.

1 Like

When you look at the polls every year and the whorns get ranked it goes to show you reputation means a lot in the preseason polls. It only takes one pollster to get the ball rolling. We have that one pollster.

I look at the polls and the top 15-20 are a given. After that, I feel most pollsters get lazy and start voting for schools they know.

I will say, the writer of that article will probably win a Pulitzer in the future. “At the end of the day, most teams will be better or worse than their initial rankings” You just don’t see journalism like that anymore.

3 Likes

I been watching a lot of film from last year season, getting ready for this year. This game really hurt. The defense played pretty good. Tune played just as good if not better than Brady white. Just a couple of really dumb mistakes by the team and absolutely no run game. We still should have won. If we didn’t have that fumble at the end of the half I think we win the game. That was 10 to 14 point swing

2 Likes

Also note in a recent interview Tune said one of the main focuses for him this off season was learning how to better read defenses and asking coaches what he should be looking for in certain plays. I think that shows a lot of this game. I saw about 6-7 plays where Tune made the wrong read or missed an open guy. If he cleans that up, he will be really good