2021-2022 Season

They are not bullish on us…

Put me in the category of having zero flips to give about preseason polls.

3 Likes

They weren’t bearish either. I’d say middle of the pack is a fair guess for this team.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1427307049378013187?s=19

1 Like

ill be honest reading this was a bit disappointing
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1427327113376505860

it was obvious tune was always going to be starter to me, even before the spring practices… no one on-paper could really stack up to him… and the spring scrimmages made that more obvious that tune was going to be our qb…

but to hear a walk-on and juco qb (with a negative td:int ratio) are battling for the #2 and #3 qb spots is a bit of a let down… i never bought the “kopp will start” hype that some here were selling…but i was on the bandwagon that him and Massoud would be battling for the backup spot and not get jumped by a walk-on

Holman Edwards is a shock.

Out of nowhere Dana signs this guy and,apparently, Holman is our backup QB.

Kopp was always going to be redshirted then groomed to replace Tune in 2022. And this leaves Massoud behind.

But Holman? Is he really that good?

My comprehension of this is it’s a seniority thing. Both Massoud and Kopp reps are being limited intentionally , since they still have four years eligibility. Holman and Ike get the backup reps due to their seniority.

I never thought Maddox would be QB2, especially with the way Dana talked about Ike. But I really thought it was sofian job to lose. He came in early, and had a whole year to develop. I didn’t think he would be 4th string. I thought he would beat out Ike. But for Sofian and Maddox go not even be in the conversation is disappointing, I think we bring in a transfer next year

I dont read to much into it. Dana going do what he wants to do

3 Likes

I never thought Maddox would be starting as a redshirt freshman. I always thought Tune was going to stay another year or we were going to bring in a transfer. 3 stars in football are a lot different than 3 stars in basketball. They usually take a lot more time in football.

1 Like

holman has 3 years of eligibility, maddox and massoud have 4. jumping both for 1 year, especially when holman JUST joined the team to me seems like more a depth call than seniority call

ill try not to read into it too much…but to me its a sign he wasnt that impressed with the freshmen qb after seeing them on the field in spring… he didnt recruit anyone pre-spring when we had options and noted a need for qb then (despite tons of fans calling for it)… but after spring started noting that we are going to try and bring in a qb… and during the last open scrimmage i noticed something but didnt want to note, he gave maddox the least amount of reps and those reps he basically made him hand it off every play, including a 3rd and long, it was like they didnt feel comfortable with him throwing

tune has missed games/halfs before to injury, if he misses time things will get interesting… also another year of tune or bust, like last year if he playing bad, we just have to accept it, there’s no major threat behind him

How did Dana find Holman?

His Juco seems beyond obscure. His High School?

And out-of-nowhere he could be our backup.

Why would they be? Anyone with a small sense of objectivity knows Holgorsen has a lot to prove this year.

his stats in juco arent even good… if i had to guess it was a referral from another coach

dana probably put out a call to his juco connects “im looking for a qb late, no one major is available. you guys know anyone available with some potential/diamond in the ruff”

but thats just a guess by me

Holgorsen has a history of getting JUCO and transfer QBs that plug and play. He doesn’t typically develop the talent, he likes to cherry-pick it.

I think someone said Holman has about 20 games under his belt at the JUCO level. A lot game snaps above the high school level.

1 Like

Edwards had offers from a couple of decent C-USA schools, Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee State, so it’s not as if he came out of nowhere.

pesik, are you sure Edwards is a walk-on? I thought he was a late addition to the scholarship recruits.

Ike Ogbogu is the walkon i was referring, the other player battling for the backup spot

I have seen Edwards on film. He is an impressive looking kid, both running and throwing.