2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

1981Coog is afraid of hippies.

7 Likes

I’d go! Powell’s Books is my favorite stop.

5 Likes

It would be great if CKS could work his relationships with Cronin and Beard to schedule UCLA and/or Texas in the coming years. I’d like to see some ACC teams on the OOC schedule as well.

Honestly, not to sound snobby, but we’re at a point now that teams should be begging to have us added to their schedule.

4 Likes

We’re not there yet. We’re at a point where schools are ready to schedule us because we’re good for their RPI. I think we’re at the point where mid-level P5 schools will play us. Upper tier? Maybe, but at their place. I think it’s going to take another couple of good NCAA runs before schools come begging to play us and play us at the FC.

Although we don’t get to see the games at home; I think CKS’s strategy of participating in the early season multi-team tournaments is paying off. Maui next fall will be a challenge…Butler, Wisconsin, Oregon, plus the possibility of facing off against the Aggies!

Nothing factual about the belief poverty = danger. That’s your perception and although that may be your reality and the reality of others, it doesn’t make it fact.

The only team I’m afraid of in Maui is Oregon.

Based on some of the interviews I’ve watched, it seems CKS is pretty close with Rick Barnes. It would be great to get an OOC home and away with Tennessee as well.

A benefit that came out of the COVID restricted season was the necessity of flexibility in scheduling. It would be nice if some of that carries over into the future.

1 Like

Ranking of the Maui teams: 1. Oregon 2. Wisconsin 3. St Mary’s 4. Texas A&M 5. Butler 6. Notre Dame 7. Chaminade

Notre Dame will be the third best team in the tourney.

1 Like

Playing 2-3 gms in some type Tourney for most teams is more the norm than not.

Edit: who can forget the Bluebonnet Classic. My older brother–RIP, would take me as young kid to the Tourney in late 60s.

1 Like

Yet some teams choose to not participate in these early season tourneys. Telling potential recruits you get to visit/play in Hawaii has to have some upside as well. FYI, list of notable teams not connected to early season events in 2021-2022:

American (2/11): Tulane, UCF

ACC (1/15): Georgia Tech

A 10 (7/14): Fordham, George Mason, George Washington, La Salle, Richmond, Saint Louis, UMass

Big 12 (3/10): TCU, Texas, Texas Tech

Big East (1/11): DePaul

Big Ten (5/14): Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Nebraska, Rutgers

MVC (4/10): Evansville, Illinois State, Missouri State, Valparaiso

MW (4/11): Air Force, Fresno State, New Mexico, San José State

Pac-12 (4/12): UCLA, Utah, Washington, Washington State

SEC (1/14): Kentucky

WCC (6/10): Pacific, Pepperdine, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Clara

Yes, I was just giving ex of what majority do n UH in particular over the years.

Jess remember the Kettle classic?

1 Like

Yes, it was during early 80s I think. Never went to thst one bc I was at SHSU in early 80s

Playing that early in the season in Hawaii against that many quality teams will be a great challenge.

Why is s&m ranked ahead of Butler and ND? Didn’t they just have their already weak roster gutted with the portal.”?

ucf wont play in a early season tournament but will have a loaded ooc

https://twitter.com/therealBeede/status/1398060554992893953?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1398060554992893953|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcsnbbs.com%2Fthread-886257-page-136.html

2 Likes

Second year in a row of toughest OOC sched?

The Orange Bowl Classic isn’t an early season tournament?