2023 NCAA TOURNAMENT BRACKETOLOGY

No way Memphis should decline a March Madness seed. Each game they play in the tournament, is over $338K to the AAC for this year and the next 5 years.

If Memphis plays in 3 tournament games this year, that’s over $1M for each of the 6 years while the NIT pays between $4-$5K per game.

It’s all about money!

In regards to Purdue.

They have the resume yes……however, it is based mostly on the fact the media acts as though the Big 10 are made up of a bunch of world beaters….

We all know year after year the tournament proves they are not.

Purdue is a Paper Tiger ……Coogs are way too fast and athletic….we roll them.

5 Likes

It would be funny, you are right……it would turn in to an “FU Houston”, just like their classy players and coaches.

2 Likes

2 Likes

We’re number 69! Nice! Nice! Nice!

Lol yeah, the fact that people can play Ohio State and call it a Q1 win even tho they are 2-5 in conference and lost 4 in a row (including to Minnesota and Nebraska) is wild honestly

2 Likes

Well 4 of those Q1 games came from the non-conference and frankly I dont think the NET really over ranks the BIG 10 (at least this year anyway). They have 1 team in the top 20 right now. Purdue. Those non-conference wins were against Marquette (#17), WVU (#24), Gonzaga (#11), and Duke (#26). And three of those were by double digits. Again I agree they’re probably not good enough to make the final weekend of the tourney but at least right now their resume is very good.

1 Like

:scream:

Yeah definitely take the tourney bid.

1 Like

But why?

When you have a chance to be a repeat NIT Champion vs being in the NCAA’s for one game?

Heck , NIT all the way.

You and Ron are crazy man.

3 Likes

Agreed, Big 10 way overrated… I cringe at the brackets that have 10 teams in the tourney. Give me a break! Lots of very average teams that are not very athletic in that league.

2 Likes

Yet another bracket with IU as our potential 2nd round matchup.

You bring up a good point! The other 2nd seeds in the Bracketology Picks are much lower ranked by KP than IU! LOL Not seeing the respect that the COOGS deserve!

Inevitable that we are paired with IU and OU this tourney

A guy that can block shots and do an internet search is a thing of beauty.

4 Likes

With Kansas losing to KSU 83-82 in OT earlier this week and to TCU by 83-60 today, UCLA lost to Arizona 58-52. UH is easily 1 of the 4 ONE seeds at the moment, along with Purdue and Alabama.

2 Likes

70% of the Big 10 teams disappear when the first weekend is over

5 Likes

Years ago, we had no one to match up against 7’6 Tacko Fall.
CKS said he had to trash half the offense playbook every time we played UCF because of him.
He had a wingspan of over 8 ft. and a standing reach of 10 ft. ! He could touch the rim without jumping.

Somehow he went undrafted and only lasted 2 years in the NBA as a deep bench backup.
He has been playing overseas since.

Prob even higher %…them and MWC always go out early!

2 Likes

The MWC hasn’t won a tournament game since 2018 and people still rate them lmao.

I’d honestly take the new look AAC over the MWC on terms of next best conference after the P6.

1 Like