2023 NCAA TOURNAMENT BRACKETOLOGY

I think this is fair except I don’t see anyone in the Big 12 really competing for a 1 seed. That conference is so good that it just cannibalizes itself. Kansas could very easily lose its next 3 games (K State, at Iowa State, Texas). With 6 teams in the Top 15, that’s a rough slate! Texas and K State have just as much a shot at a 1 seed as Kansas does, but I wouldn’t put money on anyone in the Big 12 pulling it off.

Alabama and Tennessee are definitely in the hunt, but I think only one of them will end up a 1 seed, not both. The B1G isn’t that great this year, but Purdue still has to play Indiana twice. If Purdue somehow loses 2 more conference games, we might could see both Alabama and Tennessee on the 1 line.

As for us, I think our margin for error going forward is zero if we want that coveted 1 seed.

Lunardi’s updated bracket…dat second round…

2 Likes

Currently projecting 8 Big 12 teams in. WVU has upgraded to the last four byes. OU is the last team in. OKst is also in the mix as the 3rd team. Would take quite a few upsets to get all three of those teams in but if they did it would be monumental feat.

March is finally next door!

5 Likes

I assume you’re either February or April then.

Ok I’m leaving. :grinning:

1 Like

Lunardis latest. Kansas back to a 1 seed. After beating Kentucky and Kansas St

Tennessee to a 2 seed.

Bracketmatrix still has us as 1 seed also

3 Likes

Florida beat #2 ranked Tennessee 67-54.

7 Likes

Pitt wins at North Carolina.

Nova leads at Marquette with about 8 to play.

2 Likes

It is a joke to have 9 Big 10 teams in there… just a whole lot of mediocre teams. That conference gets so much of the benefit of the doubt in football and basketball it is ridiculous.

10 Likes

Jerry Palms bracket still has Coogs a 2 seed

Purdue, Alabama, Arizona, Kansas

We say this every year……ignore anything Jerry “Rosie” Palms has to say.

7 Likes

Just sad to see Tenn and Zona ahead of us… compare the profile. Zona got massacred by Washington St, Oregon and Utah. A home revenge win over the Ducks does not erase that.

1 Like

Power of conference affiliation. People want the Pac to be good even though it’s really not much better than the American. They overrate their teams in the preseason and then it givens them a bigger cushion to absorb bad losses.

1 Like

Palm’s click rate must be lagging this week.

1 Like

Big 12 is better nad they have more Big 10 teams in … makes no sense.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFieldOf68/status/1621649743133773825

Creighton is on the rise. I see them finishing as a 5 to 6 seed.

North Carolina unfortunately is gonna be in that 7 to 10 seed range, til Selection Sunday, imo

Kentucky, as an 11 seed. On February 3rd. Just wow

Hoping Duke can win some games. They’re talented. 2 7footers. Stay out of that 7 to 10 seed range

Will Arkansas get a healthy Nick Smith Jr back?

Still favorites.

1 Like

How often does the favorite win?

What do they know. Obviously not consulting with the many experts on this forum

2 Likes

Since we’re in that 1 to 2 seed range, im just looking at teams who would fall in that 7, 8, 9, 10 seed range

2nd round matchup. But its early.

Honestly, with the transfer portal. There isnt a huge gap with teams.

4 Likes