2023 NCAA TOURNAMENT BRACKETOLOGY

From what I remember in previous years, conference tournament performance really didn’t have a huge impact regarding a team’s ability to get into the tournament unless they were to win said tournament. Maybe said performance were to improve seeding, but it just seems like the committee goes into the final weekend with a set bracket and makes adjustments, being add/removal of teams, depending on who receives an autobid and who does not.

2 Likes

selection Sunday games have zero impact on seeding, never has… they pick seeds the saturday before …and just make emergency brackets based on outcomes on sunday … normally around auto-bid stealers

2 Likes

Supposedly the committee prepares separate brackets to cover the different possible results of the Sunday conference tourney finals.

Yeah last year if felt like they stopped paying attention to conference tourneys after Wednesday. Xavier and Wake probably make it had they not gone one and done

2 Likes

We’re almost in February and UNC and Creighton based on talent shouldn’t be an 8 or 9 seed. Could you do us a favor…

792v4q

BracketMatrix does have UNC a 7 seed. Creighton a 10 seed.

5 Likes

Would about right that in a year where we’re not under seeded we’d get paired with teams that are

1 Like

Would suck for any top team, Purdue, Houston whatever to get UNC 2nd round with a healthy Armando Bacot.

Its “early”. But its something im definitely checking. What teams are hovering in that 7-10 seed range

With Kentuckys lineup changes, having 2 shooters on the floor. Same thing. String together some big wins. Be a 5 or 6 seed. Currently they’re an 11 seed. (Cason Wallace, Frederick, Reeves, Toppin, Tshibwe)

1 Like

Kentucky too.

When you get to NCAA, you cannot be timid. All teams going to NCAA are really good teams. If a team claims to be #1 seed then it needs to play like #1 else why is it #1 seed. So, I see here comments like I don’t like us playing X or Y, shoot, then stay home.

3 Likes

Thanks for being a man

I mean ultimately thats a good attitude to have, though its probably more important the team thinks like that than the fans. However, I don’t think theres anything wrong with discussing possible match ups and seeding scenarios. Its just a way to kill time before the NCAAT.

1 Like

2 seed in Kansas City

1 Like

Those two match-ups would be insanely entertaining. New Mexico is sneaky good when their shots are falling (of course you could say that about everyone…but New Mexico especially).

giving Kansas the #2 seed overall right after they went 1 and 3 in their last 4 games is crazy.

4 Likes

Despite 'Bama getting smoked in Norman, I hope UH does not see them in the NCAAs.

1 Like

I hope we do. We definitely have unfinished business with them

7 Likes

I was thinking of 'Bama when I posted this.

1 Like

I would love to play Alabama, Tennessee, Purdue, or Kansas

2 Likes

I agree… I hope we see Bama in the Final. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lunardis latest

From now until Selection Sunday, I see 5 teams fighting for 3 spots on the 1 seed line

(Alabama, Houston, Tennessee, Kansas, Arizona)

Purdue just doesn’t lose.

2 Likes