2023 Recruiting

I thought the star system only went up to 5? Either way, he sounds like a good one.

Typo, sorry. Or maybe he will be that good lol

UH Camps start next week. Commits will be coming in.
Hopefully “Big Man” Camp on June 10th gets the young OL depth restocked.

https://houstonfootballcamps.totalcamps.com/shop/EVENT

1 Like

Currently we have 13 scholarship OLs either already on the roster or coming in this summer/fall. I assume the OL camp is for the class of 24 and beyond because any more for the upcoming season will come from the portal or juco ranks.

Read Kalonji had visits this week with UH and Maryland. Positive comments for each school. Kalonji stated he was a fan of Maryland’s OL coach. I’m guessing since Kalonji is from Silver Springs, MD, Maryland has the inside track. Would love to be wrong.

3 Likes

He also mentioned our HC was not there during his two day visit.

3 Likes

Yes, he did say he did not meet CDH. If I was CDH, and I had a prospect like this in a position of need, like OL, I would certainly do my best to make some time to meet this young man. That could be what tips the scales in Maryland’s favor. At best, it seems like an unforced error; at worst, it seems like recruiting malpractice.

7 Likes

or there could have been a good reason.

4 Likes

Recruiting malpractice? It aint that deep my guy. Hes a JUCO OL that would be a depth piece for us. Us and Maryland are his only P5 offers. Dana was probably out at camps or HS recruiting other kids

4 Likes

Nope. Doesn’t match the narrative. Dana was either drunk, asleep, or too lazy to come meet with the kid.

5 Likes

Fair point. Highly unlikely he’d start. Including Jaylen Garth, we’ve picked up three OTs from the Portal. I think we’ll be okay there. Paul will be drafted, and Unije should at least be solid if he remains healthy.

5 Likes

Dana being Dana. Yuck.

Dana isn’t committed to this program. No excuse for not greeting a potential recruit. This doesn’t show who this guy is his level of commitment, what he is all about nothing will. Don’t make excuses for the guy because if an emergency popped up I’m sure the kid would of said I got a call from the coach explaining too me something came up and he won’t be able to make it to see me. SMFH

3 Likes

You’re not committed to sanity. No excuses for not being sane and rational when addressing the UH public. Garbled grammar and sentence structure, blah blah blah. Don’t make excuses for your insanity and one track broken record of an agenda. SMFH

2 Likes

So I take it that you know why he wasn’t there? Perhaps OOT recruiting? Nah, Family emergency? Now way! Let’s speculate without actual knowledge…

3 Likes

Think my feeble mind addressed that. Oh you kool-aid drinkers.

1 Like

What has Dana done to connect with the city, the recruits, the fans?

3 Likes

Let’s see: he’s able to hang w Granato & co again; Steak48 holds a seat for him; and he does put guys in the leagues - not just NFL

1 Like

Nothing, besides having people think we got a wacko for a coach who drinks too much sometimes…let me clear my throat.

3 Likes

Trolling