AAC Championship Gameday Thread: #21 Houston @ #4 Cincinnati | 3PM CT | ABC

Exactly, the issue is , you don’t want to risk picks throwing against that secondary. Dana has stated it will a battle upfront, I think he will rely on the run game unless they go up by two scores.

My hope is our defense forces Ridder to make poor decisions and he coughs up the ball at least three times. We don’t turn it over and limit penalties.

3 Likes

they have excellent corners but haven’t had to deal with dells speed, also get them lined up vs trahan and he’ll get receptions, maybe not huge gains but they all add up.
looking for marcus jones to shut down alex pierce and sack ave to reign in ridder.
we will have to establish herslow, dell and trahan in order to open up run lanes for alton, and look for car in red zone areas to break the line

1 Like

This is where Dana earns his $4 milly

1 Like

So our TEs need to step up

5 Likes

Agreed, the Tight Ends will play an important role this weekend.

3 Likes

I look for TE’s and an expanded QB running game to play key.

3 Likes

I think we should work in some jumbo 2 TEs even 2 RBs. Lull those corners to sleep. Make them play actual football tackling and blocking. Or even get them off the field, break a run then no huddle and split Trahan out in a favorable matchup.

Even if jumbo isn’t effective it’s a body blow.

3 Likes

Our defensive is bad at stopping dual threats

1 Like

not as worried about that, we are bad at stopping "shifty " duaal threat, that can shake and bake out of sacks for more time to throw. there is no shake and bake with ridder, he is a decent straight line runner, but pretty stiff

1 Like

We have the Terminator on our side

2 Likes

How can we lose??

4 Likes

I completely disagree with that assessment of Pierce other than correctly noting his size. He’s a freak of an athlete - he was on Bruce Feldman preseason freaks list. Jump ball maestro that is great at high pointing the ball and was the best player on the field at Notre Dame. UC will certainly look to capitalize on his size advantage over Jones if that’s how Houston matches up.

Scott and Tucker are the prototypical “speed guys” but Pierce will light up the combine and is rising up draft boards.

Sorry I meant to quote Pesik’s post re: Pierce.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1465760304911036416?s=20

17 Likes

I suspect we move Tank around so he won’t be 1:1 with their CB1 all game. When we do run him out to that side of field suspect we see good amount of him in motion to help him avoid tangling at LOS with their CB1.

2 Likes

If Tune can run that is a difference maker.

Cincy won’t see that on film. And if they play man defense they won’t see him taking off.

2 Likes

Marcus Jones gets a TD in all 3 phases of the game.

You heard it here first.

8 Likes

Field position will play a huge part in this game
Don’t get penalties
Don’t turn the ball over on offense
On non scoring drives move the ball so we don’t get pinned.

5 Likes

HUGE, this is what doomed SMU… the entire 1st half their back was against their endzone and could do any long developing plays

1 Like

https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/1466793295930089482?t=85jJfj5qZyjSqSYq28VpkQ&s=19

2 Likes

That means our wrs are subbing a lot which I agree with. If they can’t get separation against cincys excellent secondary find someone who can.