Am I Missing something

You’re not gonna make many friends in the South. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Except Kendal was not a QB.

He almost was. Had he received a waiver during Kolb’s first year, Kolb would have redshirted and Kendal would have been our QB.

I believe Kendal was an all-state QB and DB at Stephenville.

Just some trivia for today.

Your crystal ball must be better than mine can’t see that far into the future. Quit worrying about who"s gonna do what and enjoy the now.

Yeah I thought kB started out as qb then moved to wr after kk got the gig, no?

Or am I thinking bassler?

KB played safety at Texas but he had a serious shoulder injury which meant he wouldn’t be able to play defense anymore. They tried to get him a waiver and the NCAA wouldn’t grant it so after he sat out that year Kolb had pretty much took the starting qb and they moved KB to WR just to get him on the field.

Not surprisingly, I don’t think any of the coaches expected Kolb to be as good as he was as a true frosh.

1 Like

Not to diminish his talent but he played in the system in high school. I think the high school was still using art’s system.

To be fair, Ward had Bush and Applewhite as his coordinators/QB coaches. I’m sure Ward could have put up close to King type numbers under Briles and against the schedule we have had so far.

Yes. He was a 3 year starter at Stephenville in the same offense.

Maybe, but I think the breakdown would be a bit different. Ward is not nearly on the same level as King when it comes to the deep ball, but Ward was better at the short routes and probably a slightly better runner than King. Maybe not top end speed, but certainly shiftier. I think Ward would have fewer passing TDs and more rushing TDs than King if he had played in Briles offense with the current weapons.

I can see Applewhite possibly getting a promotion for obvious reasons (umm…he’s the head coach) after next year and then CKB using OC accomplishments as leverage to get his dad back here. That actually seems pretty logical and also a good way to keep CKB in the fold.

Not gonna happen.

…is not a complete sentence. Thanks for the analysis.

1 Like

I know Briles will leave if a P5 job is offered. That should be every OC’s ambition, especially one. If he has a choice of more than one, he takes the best offer. My only real concern is Major takes back over the Offense and that would be a major (no real pun intended) mistake.

Major cannot see that we have the worse pass defense in the entire country and we have a defensive coordinator that was out of work for a year after Miami fired him and got no offers, but our.

Lol This thread is open but mine got deleted regarding a new DC. Good grief.

Don’t need any analysis.

Just to the point !

This is a blog…not an English class.

1 Like

Answer to question from OP:
Your wallet ! I’ll leave out the back door. :grin::joy:

Opp Points per game we’re 89.
Opp Points per play we are 51st
Opp Yards per play 61st

An important one for you all picking on the pass yards:
opponent passer rating 67th.

Our D is better than you think.