Another School Year About to Begin

You’re nuts. Really.

1 Like

It seems as though the anti-vaxxers might well become treated in a manner somewhat similar to the way that the folks who were opposed to the belief system of the Third Reich were treated in Germany.

This is a highly thought out answer Mike. Nobody is making this up. Facts are now showing that previously individuals infected with covid have a far greater immunity toward covid or at least the delta variant than any current vaccines available.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-27/previous-covid-prevents-delta-infection-better-than-pfizer-shot

Chris,
Interesting article and counter to what previous conclusions were. Time will tell.
Note the article you posted has not yet passed peer review. Previously I recall reading natural
immunity waned earlier and people had fewer antibodies in there blood as opposed to
those that had been vaccinated. That and cases of folks getting covid reinfections prior to availability of vaccines too. So, science at work. Thanks for posting.

The data was posted as a preprint article on medRxiv, and hasn’t yet been reviewed by other researchers.

1 Like

This is what I thought so too. The latest data is pretty telling. It is over 700k now. The “chicken pox” analogy is being brought up for these new data.

There have also been studies showing that previously having Covid and then getting the vaccine provides even better coverage. In other words, it still makes sense to get the vax. And people are still being reinfected that have natural immunity. That’s much more rare with the chicken pox.

It’s good news that natural immunity is strong. That doesn’t say anything about the vax though.

I’d be worried about telling people if you’ve had it, you’re good because many just assume they’ve had it. I’ve talked to people that swear they had Covid before anyone here even knew about it (like November 2019).

Good point about not being peer reviewed yet. It’s also one study in one place with early data that conflicts with other studies.

You don’t want to take one study and run with it as the gospel, especially when it hasn’t been peer reviewed.

Okay, I’ll give a more full response–against my better judgment.

What is your point with your post?

Are you suggesting that people should just get infected with covid to acquire immunity rather than take a vaccine? Are you saying people who’ve been infected shouldn’t be vaccinated? I guess I really don’t know what your point is–though, I rarely do.

If it’s the former, you know there lots of people are suffering long-term effects from a covid infection. So it seems like a dumb way to try to acquire some immunity.

If you you’re trying to advocate for the latter, what would be the point in not having the vaccine even if you were already sick? You could only increase your potential immunity (belt and suspenders). Why would you discourage someone from doing that?

In the a lot less time than you spend looking for these goofy online stories, you could have gotten a vaccine. Why wouldn’t you?

4 Likes

Are you saying that those who developed the vaccine and those that get the vaccine and promote it to protect themselves and their community are analogous to the the third reich?

1 Like

Problem with the internet is we don’t know when someone is being sarcastic.

For the love of God, I truly hope you are being sarcastic.

1 Like

Or trolling.

If you can’t tell, then its hopeless. Or that you’re so used to such high hyperbole when discussing on this forum, that even outlandish posts are believable?

1 Like

Unfortunately, things have gotten so crazy that yes you have to add emoticons, disclaimers, etc. to outlandish posts.

Mostly that’s because of other folks in here who say crazy stuff and are dead ass serious.

2 Likes

Good post. Came across this quote in regards to vaccines that hits home.

Dr. Paul Offit . “The Constitution is not a suicide pact guaranteeing a right to harm others. The government has latitude to protect citizens from deadly conditions, especially when the science supporting vaccination is so clear.”

Please Pray for this thread.

3 Likes

CFISD dashboard is now up. 213 cases after one full week of school.

What is it that you can not understand? This is actual data.
Data is showing that previously infected with covid have a stronger immunity against the delta variant.
This is new, brand new data. I am not creating this data. It is facts, factual.
“In the a lot less time than you spend looking for these goofy online stories, you could have gotten a vaccine. Why wouldn’t you?”
Stop insulting people because you do not agree with them. That alone deserves a flag. I am not flagging you but I am exposing your thought process.
Now this is “painting” your thought process for all to see Mike.
I got my Moderna vaccine months ago.
I invite you to take a moment and pause about at least considering other points of views. This is why Coogfans even exist.
Copying is a form a flattery. Insulting people does not fall in any categories.

It is only one very recent study that’s in preprint and not yet peer reviewed. Interesting ? For sure. Something to keep an eye on and be aware ? Definitely. IF it stands, will more people be willing to
get vaccinated ? Probably not !

A little knowledge can be dangerous thing.

As you NRGcoog we are still in the discovery stages of this virus. This is why it is so damming that the ccp has not opened its lab for all to review. How much more ahead we would be if this had happened already? This is indefensible and unconscionable. How many lives could have been spared or still could be sparred? This has nothing to do with one side or the other.

For what it’s worth the Covid infections gave peaked out in this area.

So far no young people have died. The highest infection rate reported by a school district is 1.5%. Most are under 1%.

Yes, a pretty high Vac rate in this area, The Non-citizens crossing the Border have not produced any real crisis as to Covid,

For the entire State of Arizona Covid hospitalizations peaked on August 9th. or so. No crisis at Hospitals.