Another School Year About to Begin

Unfortunately, it makes no difference if they did or didn’t at this point. The thing is now running wild
and mutating constantly. And we have to react and take reasonable measures to carry on in the now.

Academically, it would have been useful to have all
data to eliminate going down dead end alleys looking for sources. But we had most of the essential data for dealing with it by end of February 2020. Sure, if a lab breech happened ( only coincidental facts at this point) it would be helpful to
learn from that failure so as to prevent future failures at other such labs. But that’s about the only real benefit I can see at this time. How do you think things would be different now if ccp invited the world in to look at their lab on Dec 15 2019 ? I don’t get how we would be “ahead” ? Please be specific.

In the meantime we debate about the “right to infect”
others at will. Put up roadblocks to masking and required vaccinations and other stuff.

Note the “natural immunity is better” community is typically associated with the antivax crowd. I understand that crowd refuses all childhood vaccinations and will hold “pox parties” to GET their
kids infected in what they believe is “Gods way”.

So, mRNA is new technology and deserves scientific scrutiny and checking and rechecking results. As do claims that natural covid immunity is “better”, if it doesn’t kill you or leave you with life long disabilities .

I agree with most if your post except for the following.
It would make no difference now if the ccp would open their lab.
By definition we have no idea. Therefore it is never too late for full accountability and disclosure. We owe it to all of the human beings that have lost their lives or are being impacted by this virus.
I will add another point that no one’s want to talk about it. Was there research for gain of function both here in the U.S. and in China?
Let’s assume there were. We need the full disclosure. By not giving a straight answer, by giving definitions that both countries did us damning in itself.

Pretty sure there was and is gain of function research being carried on in all advanced countries. It’s common ( and scary) legitimate way to do viral
research.

There is and has been for decades. The interest by so many has been around specific research on covid existing variants and the consequences if it “escaped from a lab” More than likely an accident caused this “mutated” research to be released out of the lab. This is where we have not had a straight answer. Let fall the chips where they may. Again we owe it to everyone that passed, suffered or will suffer from this various. Having full accountability is it so hard to make it happen? We know the answer.

First of all, vaccine mandates ARE constitutional. The US Supreme Court already decided that back in 1905 with regard to a smallpox vaccine mandate from a State.

In that case, the USSC held that it is constitutional for a state to fine people for not getting a vaccine.

It is considered a legitimate use of the state’s police power. Given this precedent, anyone arguing that a vaccine mandate is unconstitutional WILL lose. They’ll simply be wasting their own time, other people’s time, and making themselves look like ignorant fools in the process.

Second, diseases such as smallpox, polio, etc. were never eradicated (completely in the case of smallpox, and in all except a few really undeveloped countries in the case of polio) by “natural immunity.”

On the contrary, they were eradicated by VACCINATIONS. That’s going to be the only way to eradicate this pandemic as well.

Third, saying you’d rather get the disease than the vaccine is REALLY stupid. That’s like playing Russian roulette with your own life. You can never be certain that you will have a either a minor or asymptomatic case. There’s always a chance that you’ll have complications…complications that could be life-threatening.

As my law school classmate Lawbert mentioned, there are also COVID “long-haulers.” You don’t want to run the risk that you’ll end up being one of those either.

I’d much rather get a vaccine than take those risks. It seems pretty silly that anyone would want to do anything else.

A COVID vaccine will now be required for all military personnel. I’d be perfectly fine with making it a requirement for educational enrollment as well.

I’m working on a LL.M in Intellectual Property Law at Yeshiva University (Cardozo Law School) right now, and even though I’m a remote student, I still had to upload proof of vaccination.

2 Likes

I have no way to gauge the likely hood of this vs
the leap to humans from the conditions of the live markets. Our intelligence community just reached the same conclusion. All we know for certain is Wuhan was the epicenter of the first mass wave of covid.

BREAKING NEWS
The Washington Post is now reporting that fauci did approve $50 Millions + for gain of research and “eased restrictions” on the way they were doing since 2012 with the NIH.
ARE YOU REALIZING WHAT THIS MEANS?

The only thing surprises me is this being reported as
BREAKING NEWS. I heard about this about 12 - 18 months ago. We fund various research in other countries. This means almost nothing to me.

1 Like

Chris,
Since you have a keen interest in tracking down the source, here is a pretty good
12 minute video overview. I learned a few things that I did not know before. Have a look.

From ABCnews:

The source of COVID-19: What we know
A team assembled by the World Health Organization recently visited Wuhan to research where COVID-19 came from, but it could be years before there are clear answers about how the outbreak started.

fauci has denied it under OATH. Rand Paul grilled him on that fact. fauci lost it and we now why.
GOD HAVE MERCY

Take a look at Conroe today. 336 new student cases; 25 new employee cases; student attendance down to 87%.

Chris,
Not sure what you are currently watching, but I recall a Fauci / Rand Paul testimony about
6 months ago when the doctor got a little hot and totally schooled Rand on this topic. Are you watching the full unedited exchange ? Source please.

Can I get a link for the breaking news and the lie?

2 Likes

Actually, you have no evidence of this. None. We know that some viruses have passed from animals to humans in the past. This isn’t a new phenomenon.

Nope. We haven’t had an answer you like. Many in the medical research community have examined the DNA and found no manipulation.

Could they be wrong? Maybe. But that’s what science does and will do–look into it in due time. Your constant bitching on a message board for an American university’s sports teams will not move the process along. .

2 Likes

He’ll just move on to a new link. Trust me!!

Keep insulting Mike. The definition of freedom over fascism is to consider other people opinions. Dr. Rand Paul is a Doctor. I surely consider and listen to what he has to say with great interest Mike. This reminds all of us of what happened during most major viruses. The so call experts were wrong every single time. Would you check that Mike or would you keep insulting and making assumptions?
fauci is on the verge of getting “exposed” This Washington Post article is no coincidence. Time is ticking for him.
Remember just yesterday when you insulted me about wasting time and should get the vaccine. What did I respond with? I had my Moderna vaccine months ago. Having an open mind seems really hard for you Mike. Maybe you can consider it. It sure is better than insulting people.

Can I get a link to the Washington Post article?

Paul’s opinion will be considered, but it will largely be dismissed, as it is such an extreme minority viewpoint.

The consensus on dewormers as a treatment for COVID appears to be against him.

Hell, you can almost find a Doctor who will advocate almost anything.

Other Doctors simply laugh at them and move on.

Interesting legal POV I was not aware of. Honestly , I didn’t even realize we had rudimentary vaccines in
1905.But wait, making vaccines goes back to 1798 !

In 1798, the first smallpox vaccine was developed.

A brief history of vaccination | Immunisation Advisory Centre

https
](Vaccine Development - Immunisaton Advisory Centre)

I won the bet with myself, that Chris would destroy this thread with off topic posts (nothing about schools) and start posting about China. He can’t help himself. I feel really bad that he couldn’t let people have an important discussion about their kids at school. I will pray for him!

5 Likes