Be honest, did you abandon ship at halftime

Hell no.

2 Likes

I tuned into the PSU game for a minute when we were up by four in the second half. When I came back we were up three but made a bucket and run was on.

The fans in the arena came through loud and clear. Defense, Let’s Go Cougars, Womp Womp, Sweet Sixteen!

2 Likes

I start yelling at the tv and pacing back and forth. I let my mouth get bad and my wife said enough. Would you act like that at the game. Also, I want this so bad for so many reasons I was sweating and shaking at times. When she wanted me to quit right before the half I turned it off.

I couldn’t sit still and she knew it was killing me. I went to another room and turned cut on as we were about 3 minutes into the 2nd half. I stayed with it and began jumping up and down.

Wish I would have stayed calm. Her comment was if you have that much energy, you can work on the yard. I didn’t care, I was pumped. Oh, and my aggie busy was making fun of us and saying we weren’t SEC material. Apparently they aren’t either. No high like a COUGAR HIGH!

3 Likes

Bill Yeoman told you to remain calm. Listen to coach.

Like many, at the half, I changed my red UH hat to my white UH hat. I guess color coordination is a factor.

1 Like

I was calm but frustrated saying hit the front end of the 1 and 1. Still expected us to come back since we looked like the better team, 10 points ca evaporate quickly in college basketball.

1 Like

Crazy to think, that anyone who has followed this team, and knows it’s DNA, would even contemplate “abandoning ship” being down by only ten at half in a game that would send them to the Sweet 16.

I mean COME ON!!!

I mean I get being frustrated and anxious but to just flat out give up on them with an entire half left???

Again anyone that knows what this team is about KNEW they would make a run at them and it baffles me why any Coog fan wouldn’t want to watch it.

4 Likes

I left the house and followed on the sports app. Seemed the be the right mojo so I didn’t turn it back on. Yes, I know nothing I did made any difference in the outcome.

1 Like

Progs gave up. Or should I call him “MRCoog”.

He also said Mark needs to go. He is an offensive liability.

Good thing coach didn’t listen to many of the resident experts on this board at half.

8 Likes

Won two second half bets, including money line Coogs to win. Very small bet, but nice odds.

We have been a second half team lately so I still had hope
 I agree that adjustments would be made. Look at Temple, Memphis, NKU, etc

Oh heck no.
When their stupid coach gave his halftime interview and said “we’re 20 minutes away”
I knew he thought he had it in the bag and that would come back to bite him.
What a stupid comment.

5 Likes

I’ll admit
I was skeered. Then the real
Cougars showed up.

4 Likes

10 points ain’t $h1t!!!

It’s like being down a TD at half in college football.

3 Likes

Yup. With as bad as we played in the first half, Auburn should have been up 20. At a minimum.

I felt good only being down 10.

What’s crazy is if they were up 20 at half, we still would have won. By almost double digits. Just an insane second half from our Coogs.

4 Likes

If we were just some mid-pack ordinary team I’d have been worried about being down 10 to them at the half. But we aren’t. We’re a deep, talented top-level club. Ans we have CKS. In that situation, I just think ‘a layup, a defensive rebound, and a 3 are all we need to be right back in it’.

1 Like

That would be Hand Solo

1 Like

at this point i suppose sampson doesn’t have to coach a lot of specifics at halftime. there are probably code terms said at different amplitudes and tenors that makes his point
like Mandarin.

I was disappointed we were allowing them to attack the basket. I felt if they continued that it would be a foul fest on the Coogs with Auburn living at the free throw line. Little did I know that was a good thing for the Coogs. :grinning:

I was also concerned about our free throw shooting.

When. I heard Arkansas came back from a double digit deficit against Kansas, I felt the Coogs could do it too.

2 Likes

i know they like to call ticky-tack on us but yesterday was an especially disturbing example. when sharp got hammered by two people and no call you knew they were calling it different at both ends.

6 Likes