Big 12 / Pac 12 / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 1)

and Bob Thompson is poking holes in his assertions. Bob Thompson has a substantially stronger understanding of these things than MHver

I respect the Pac 12 presidents for saying the right things but the the two who aren’t pledging their everlasting love and commitment are Oregon and Washington.

1 Like

I really wish we can just do a complete merger (BigPAC) to ensure all parties are satisfied.

No!. If we expand it should be to no more than 16.

1 Like

Other issue is the money might be close but exposure sucks for them and Oregon and wash want out.

Basically the big 12 is the same or more money , better exposure on tv and no drama queens.

Also if they jump to the big 12 the big 12 becomes way better than the pac and there is zero chance big12 teams move to the pac.

So if they look at all angles, the 2 or 4 should jump to the big 12 if they use their brain and think of the big pucture.

My wife loves to watch Love It or List It on HGTV. That’s what we really have here.

You have a home, you lived in it for years, you know the neighbors, you like the neighborhood. But you’ve been looking at other houses. Some are really nice. But it’s a little farther away. It’s a new neighborhood.

You’re really tempted to move. But you want to see what’s been done to your home before you decide.

That’s what’s really going on here. Some of the schools are happy where they are, some are looking to move under the right circumstances. But, they’re giving their commissioner the benefit of the doubt, waiting to see if he can bring home a good contract. Are they going to love it or list it?

If it happens, it happens. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t.

2 Likes

I’m just eager to secure that assets we want to ensure big12 is firmly the number 3 power conference. The less desirable schools still add valuable content. You never know what could happen over the next few months or years.

1 Like

Again , what I said is what they should look at and if 2 or 4 jumped, the big 12 becomes p3 then they don’t have to look back wondering. They make it happen as p3 , better exposure and at least slightly more money and stability. If they stay, the pac is still damaged unlike the big12 along with 2 constantly wanting Big10.

It’s a no brainer big picture.

1 Like

“I think we might get that [expansion news] before we get the media rights news,” Canzano said. “What I’m thinking is SMU and San Diego State will probably be informed by the Pac-12, ‘hey, we’re extending an invitation’, or, ‘we’re not’, prior to the announcement of the deal. Because they’re not going to want to be left going, ‘hey, we have a deal’, and a day later, ‘oh, we’re announcing SMU and San Diego State’. So I almost expect we’re going to get a leak on the expansion front first.”

Should the Pac-12 successfully announce expansion into southern California with San Diego State and the state of Texas with SMU, while also securing media rights valued in a range comparable or surpassing the Big 12’s most recent deal, Canzano says folks in Big 12 country will not be happy.

“I just don’t think that the chicken littles out there that are looking at the sky, saying ‘oh the Pac-12’s imploding, oh, the imminent demise!’, I think in the end they’re going to end up holding the bag.”

“I don’t see the ’12-anons’ – the Q-anon Big 12 people – I don’t see the ’12-anons’ walking away from this feeling very good.”

So we are now Q-Anon.

I don’t understand the logic here. Why would announcing the deal before adding SMU and SDSU be a bad look?

1 Like

This doesn’t comport with what the UA president said regarding expansion. He said expansion decisions will occur after the media deal is agreed upon and the 10 schools sign a GOR.

This prediction is straight out of his butt rather than based on the latest information.

One thing I would like to see is estimates based on school, not just 30 million per school. That is just taking a total and dividing by 10 without considering unequal revenue sharing. If Washington and Oregon each take 50 mil, then that would only leave 25 mil each for the others as an example. That is an example based on 300 mil for 10 teams. If lower it could be even worse for the teams getting smaller shares. Better if higher.

1 Like

Texas Tech and Ok State use the same hand signs and cheers too.

Tech did them first, though. Never forget. :wink:

1 Like

I want to see the UA prez the day they inform him Oregon gets 40 million and he gets 24.

I win!! I win!!!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Big 12 / Pac 12 / B10 Expansion Thread (Part 2).