Big Boom!

Would that be anything like the last few years of Cougar football ? ? ? ? ?

1 Like

I would absolutely be down with a Food and Restaurants subfolder.

6 Likes

Yeah, such as these guys that I have been watching on Youtube that did a challenge to see who can tolerate the spiciest food by loading their foods with super hot Asian peppers and habaneros! Like you, I like to put just enough spices and ingredients to enhance my food and I believe putting too much spices would only hide the true essence of whatever I am eating, which defeats the purpose of adding spices in the first place.

1 Like

No, that is a problem more closely related to indigestion and heartburn, which is the opposite end of the digestive tract.

Amen to that!

2 Likes

I used to live in Pecan Grove. We were regulars at Larrys. Best cheese enchiladas on the planet. Queso and margaritas!!

Mike - not to be argumentative, but its not a binary thing. Some “hot” spices are just that, sweat bombs and not enjoyable at all (for me this include habaneros and some asian spices). But some can be both flavorful and spicy at the same time. Being half Cajun, I’m pretty sure there was Tabasco (the real thing, not that glop that finds its way into restaurants these days) in my baby bottle. Many Thai chiles are incredibly tasty. IMO, Houston’s best Thai restaurant is just across 45 from UH - Kanomwan (aka Telephone Thai). Their Tom Kha (S1 on the menu) will get your attention, but might be the most flavorful soup I’ve ever had. Also their curry cashew chicken dish (H6) is incredible and only very mildly spicy. Note that they are only open for take out at the moment. Sometimes its no pain, no gain with good spicy food. Live a little - you might surprise yourself! As Marilyn Monroe noted - Some like it HOT :fire:

5 Likes

So, is the “Big Boom!” now a food item that we’re discussing?

1 Like

Big Boom comes after Thai :hot_pepper: :hot_pepper:

7 Likes

Chili gravy isn’t spicy. I’ve been eating it since before grade school. It’s sort of like a cross between the non meat portion of a bowl of chili and the juices you get when you cook a roast. Delicious :yum:

1 Like

I always said good meals should be like good sex… not ruined by excessive pain.

1 Like

enchilada gravy

Big Boom would be a Bi Product after eating the Cheese Enchiladas!

Gen, I was raised with Tabasco on the table and I would put a little in certain things because it can add a bit of flavor, but not so much it was uncomfortable. I now prefer Tiger Sauce, which I used on many things in small amounts. I even enjoy a slice of jalapeño, without seeds, on a nacho if I cover it with cheese. On the other hand, if I let jalapeño actually touch my lip, it will blister.

My mother was half Cajun and I grew up on Cajun food, but the amount of “red hot” (what we called Tabasco) was up to the person eating to apply. And yes, there were some dishes that had some hot spices, but they were mild and if you wanted it hotter, like my dad, you just hit it with the red hot.

Tiger sauce is great on steak…try pickapeppa

2 Likes

As I was lead to believe, spices were originally used to cover the taste of spoiled food . . . . .

truck and both cars. Like the AMEX card, I don’t leave home without it . . . . .

1 Like

Very good as a snack with Sociables and Philly cream cheese

1 Like

My uncle (RIP) would cover a plate with white rice, make it red with Tabasco, and eat it down with a spoon. Now that’s hard core.

I try to take a small bottle with me on biz trips (if we ever have those again) to spice up bland hotel buffet breakfasts.

2 Likes

All this talk of cooking cajun food reminded me of good ol’ Justin Wilson. I used to love watching him growing up. Really entertaining guy.

4 Likes