Big Boom!

When I tasted Tabasco Sauce all I tasted was vinegar! People called it a “hot sauce,” but to me it isn’t hot at all! I considerate myself a moderate when it comes to heat from peppers, but what they put in Tabasco Sauce is far from being considered “hot!” That’s why I like Sriracha Sauce since it’s a lot hotter than Tabasco and it doesn’t have a lot of vinegar, which I don’t want a lot of in my hot sauce.

I use Sriracha and Tabasco, but for different things. I like them both. I panicked when a few years ago they were going to close the sriracha plant!

My grandmother in SW Louisiana made her own hot sauce (not Tabasco). She grew little multicolored cherry peppers and steeped them in vinegar. Hotter than Tabasco but :yum:

1 Like

Theres nothing spicy about Tobasco or Louisiana Hot Sauce

I wish they close the plant in California and move it to Houston! The owner was thinking about doing just that before the California government convinced him to not do it and worked with him to help address the neighborhood complainers who said his hot sauce factory had let too much of that spice into the atmosphere, that the fumes from the spice burned their eyes and throats and made it hard for them to breathe! It was quite a raucous that he almost moved his company to Texas! I wished he did! I’ve been using that sauce since I was a little kid when most Americans have never heard of the brand since it was only sold in Asian food markets.

Did you shake it?

Yep! Still can barely taste any spiciness! In fact, I only used it a couple of times since I don’t like the taste of it. For steaks, I use this Chinese oyster sauce that I mix with black pepper and vinegar. Put about 1-2 teaspoons of oyster sauce on a sauce bowl and mix in as much black pepper and vinegar as you like and stir them all together until they blend in together and boy let me tell you what! It’s a great steak sauce! You gonna love it!

A life without cheese enchiladas is not a life im prepared to live lol

3 Likes

The problem with Tabasco is the cheap white vinegar they use. I don’t like the smell or taste of it. Fortunately I found their special reserve that has been aged 10 years, no vinegar just pure heat.

If you need “sauce” on a steak, you are eating the wrong cut of steak . . . . .

Visited Avery Island, home of Tabasco. They have to replace their fork lifts every few years because the air in the facility eats up the metal making up the fork lifts . . . . .

2 Likes

If you’re like me and you hate A-1 Steak Sauce and Tabasco Sauce, give the Chinese Oyster Sauce a try. I told several of my friends about it and they all love it! Plus, nowadays the oyster sauce is available in many American stores. I just found out you can buy it online at Target! Check the link to the sauce here:

Where do you buy your steaks?

That’s my wife’s favorite. One of our biggest points of disagreement is choice of food. She was raised in south Texas (San Bonito) and I was raised in south Louisiana (Lake Charles and Baton Rouge) and our preferences are reflected in the foods of the regions.

1 Like

Hmmm… Tex Mex or Cajun. Tough call.

And a bowl of phở for dessert. :wink:

3 Likes

Crawfish enchiladas with black beans and dirty rice. Flan with bourbon sauce for dessert.

3 Likes

:confounded: :rofl:

Just finished the enchilada plate with original sauce at Larry’s — cheese enchilada was very good

Quiet on a Sunday at 4 — Note skinny UH helmet above the register

1 Like

We sat at the table on the right just last week. I used to live less than 2 miles from Larry’s. We now live in Corpus but stopping at Larry’s on the way into Houston is a treat. They are one of the tops for Tex Mex. Been in business since 1960. That says it all right there to any of you nay sayers!

1 Like

K2’s in Bay City, Becks Prime, Vincek’s Smokehouse, East Bernard and Jr’s Smokehouse, Wharton, Tx.

Enjoyed some Tex-Mex including cheese enchiladas following the game today at Los Tios on Westheimer.

1 Like

Enjoyed some Tex-Mex including cheese enchiladas following the game today at Los Tios on Westheimer.
[/quote]

That brings back old memories. We used to get the #3 along with heavily salted chips after playing for hours at the Fondren Indoor Tennis facility. We played with Elmo sometimes and of course he would have to go through his dance if he hit a good shot.

2 Likes