Boise not happy with MWC contract

2 reasons. More fun football. Weaken the mountain west to hopefully better position UH to join the P4 when that happens.

1 Like

“Weaken the Mountain West”? Are you serious? Our best one loss team is always better than their best one loss team.

Let’s go further. We had two 2 loss teams and one 3 loss team ranked ahead of 2 loss Boise State, a MWC team.

We don’t need Boise State or BYU. They will not help us in any of our goals of getting more money or becoming a power conference.

3 Likes

This is not PeeWee football.
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I’m sorry Thomas. I can’t help myself.

1 Like

I disagree.

You add teams because the playoff will be renegotiated at some point. If you add two teams like these, and consistently finish ahead of a P5 conference or two every year, you increase the odds of somehow being a part of that discussion.

Maybe you bring a nice Western bowl or two with their addition. Wouldn’t Vegas or San Diego or some places like that be nice every couple of years.

Moreover, if there is expansion, a strong American conference has a better chance of keeping most/all of its members and realize the gains. IMO, if this conference were somehow to come close as far as money and access to what the PAC, ACC or Big 12 get, I’d prefer we don’t move if the opportunity arises. I always imagined that when the Big East was first raided, had CUSA members held tight, we could have merged the two leagues and got a pretty nice deal for the super conference.

I would think the consensus of its members is that the AAC has to play the long game. Nobody’s giving any G5 conference anything not required by law or the viewing public. So we build and build and be ready for whatever’s coming . . . I hope.

4 Likes

I agree with your observation. I attended the UH-BYU basketball game in November at the FC. I was pretty impressed with the BYU turnout. Pretty impressive for an early season non-conference game miles away from Provo.

1 Like

They all don’t necessarily travel from Utah. Houston has 58,000 mormons and Texas has 180,000 and since most of them support one university, I’m not surprized at their attendance numbers.

2 Likes

The BYU fans I met when they played us at NRG were not football fans. Most didn’t know anything about either team but were Mormon and there to support the school that represents them.

In the end I don’t think it matters. Butts in seats are butts in seats.

These were all people who lived locally.

5 Likes

Boise, Army, Air Force, BYU, and UNLV! Would love to go to Vegas for a game every other year! All of the academies should be together!! When is space force gonna build a school!!! I’m drunk, I’m sorry, but I love the mother f’n cougars!!!

4 Likes

Reading a lot of your post, I think you’re always drunk when you write them. :beer: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Lol!!!

3 Likes

Drunk or sober, it’s always time to love the Coogs.

4 Likes

BYU would be a monster addition.

4 Likes

are you related to Alfred by chance! :upside_down_face:

Enjoyed meeting several BYU fans, but did encounter ONE JERK. I’m guessing because of his size, he was sitting in one of the chairs above the railing and being extremely nasty about the UH, its team and its fans . . . . .

And contrary to what it says in the last line, I don’t think Boise State wants to sign off on this current contract as written and wait (because by signing this deal as is, they would be implicitly agreeing that they are OK with not getting special treatment the next go around).

Their statement seems to back up this sentiment.

Unless either Boise or the MW caves on this, Boise is going to end up independent, or in the AAC.

1 Like

Well Boise State better get use to life as an independent because the AAC is not giving them any special deal.

1 Like

I thought a conference TV deal was predicated on each team’s football and basketball home games. If that is the case, why is the MWC giving $4M to BSU if they have a separate deal for their home games which may be an additional $2M. I’m a little puzzled.

1 Like

Things just got real. Boise is has filed suit vs the MWC per a MWC message board.

https://twitter.com/TheIncredulous1/status/1220048043082420225?s=20

3 Likes

Welp, if true, Boise just burned their bridge to MWC so they had better hope that the presidents of the AAC want to add a general admission school in the middle of nowhere. Or maybe MAC will kiss their 
 ring and take them.

3 Likes

Sounds like the divorce papers have been filed. It might get messy.

3 Likes