BOOM 2022 Recruits (Sharp, Arceneaux, Walker)

Let’s enjoy this year’s Team is my feelings. I’m looking frwd to being at the FC on Tue, no matter who the opponent is. COOGS by 25-30…

3 Likes

RW went from starting to out of the rotation. Just messing with you.
I don’t like to assume minutes for HS SRs but I do like the chances of Walker and Arceneaux getting into the rotation.

What changes things some is to not have the ability to bring in transfers who have to sit a season. Now they all want to come in and play. So without being able to stash any of them away it complicates the process. I can see bringing in a big if the right type is available

1 Like

Yeah, kinda changed my mind on Ramon Walker. You got me, lol.

I’ve heard Ramon’s got a good jump shot. But, how much PT is he gonna get this season?

Mark got a lot last season and thus was poised to be a starter this year. If Ramon plays sparingly, hard to pencil him in as a starter next yr

I could see him being more a key bench player next season. And bringing in a Kyler Edwards type, experienced guard to start at SG.

Coach Sampson has done a good job at keeping his teams older/more experienced.

If next years squad is just Shead, Mark and Roberts as the only returning veterans, I definitely think he hits the portal for 2-3 spots.

I see J Walker playing a lot next year. Starting at beginning of year ??? If he does, you will know he is indeed special.

2 Likes

No I don’t expect J. Walker to start. Was just listing the 1 thru 9 guys:

My expected starting 5:

1. Shead
  2. Transfer Portal Shooting Guard
  3. Tramon Mark
  4. Jwan Roberts
  5. Javier Francis

The success so far with Kyler Edwards will lead to Sampson going that route again.

I wouldn’t bet on this. We will probably get a vet center if Chaney leaves. Also Walker is significantly better than Roberts on offense and still has elite defense and rebounding. I think Roberts best bet to start is if Chaney leaves and Roberts plays the 5. J Walker is on another level IMO. A lot can change tho, but I have a hard time believing Walker coming off the bench next year

1 Like

I’m typically onboard with the thinking Freshman won’t come in start but we also haven’t had this level of Freshman coming in. I think Walker will have a good chance to start if he is as good as advertised.

5 Likes

I’m on record saying Walker and TA will start. If not at the start of the season by conference play.

1 Like

I’ll be shocked if Walker and Arceneaux aren’t starting.

3 Likes

Yeah Sampson is also very big on being physically ready to start, as well as mentally knowing the systems and where to be. That’s why I’m confident J. Walker will start but not TA. It’s not a question of skill, just Roman and Robbie will be a lot more physically ready to start, and Sharp will be too with the advantage of getting here 5-6 months before TA and knowing the system and culture. Sampson also talked about how TA has a lot of work to do on his body. J. Walker is built like a man child. He’s already 220 there are no physical opticals he needs to overcome. And he will be by far our most skilled big. If he gets the system down on offense and defense I think JWalk starts.

How awesome is it that 4 of our top 6 all time highest rated recruits can all play on the same team! What a job by Sampson and this coaching stay!

6 Likes

Well I am not going to project something that’s not here, but I will take the three who have the most experience as solid bets.to start otherwise our defense is going to really suffer.

Really looking forward to Walker getting back to full strength and Sharp arriving so they can start competing for the next spot.

Nah it won’t we will have elite defenders in no matter what

Walker will be competing this year, Sharp will have to wait until next year.

Glad you have it all figured out. :joy:

You don’t typically plug-in in 2 freshman and stay elite on defense. In time sure, but there will be lots of growing pains.

1 Like

Memphis does it and they stay elite on defense. Sampson can do it as well. He’s not recruiting guys who aren’t elite defenders

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1464688567523975169

https://twitter.com/TXRecruitedFilm/status/1465006494731190274

Staff may not be done in 2022

That is why they were in the NIT last year !

No probs getting this guy to hunt down rebounds.