Bowl projections

I have been seeing Fenway Bowl vs Boston College. No thanks!

Will that be in Fort Worth like the last time we were in it with one of the greatest comebacks in football history?

Freezing your arse at a game in Maryland is not going to get me to go. Playing in San Diego? Why, yes, yes I will consider a trip there.

After Ft Worth with Pitt, I swore Iā€™ll never attend a bowl game north of I-10 unless itā€™s a dome. The only exception is bowl games in Cali.

1 Like

Would love to play in the gasprilla bowl. They actually have a parade where every one dresses up as pirates. The best of both worlds, warm weather bowl and a real parade.

2 Likes

Not after we beat Cincy, who has looked much more beatable lately.

1 Like

ā€œThey actually have a parade where every one dresses up as pirates.ā€ It would seem that Leach would be pushing for that bowl.

2 Likes

On October 4 all of those teams were ranked higher and regarded as a better team. 40 days ago. Then I wrote that the bowls we would receive are the same as the aac.

I was commenting on how just because we are in the big 12 does nothing mean we just automatically get a better bowl.

Fiesta Bowl!!!

6 Likes

Athlon has Houston vs Florida in Birmingham Bowl

Espn has UH in Ft Worth vs either WVU or Air Force

247 and Sporting News will update later this week. CBS sports has Utah State in Dallas :nauseated_face:

UH vs WVU would be a good one

3 Likes

Just say no to AFA.

4 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Predicting Houston vs Michigan State in the Fiesta Bowl. The Ghosts of Bill Yeoman and Duffy Daugherty will be honorary captains, and will conduct the coin toss before the game.

13 Likes

Drinking that Pabst a bit early arenā€™t you Larry? :grin:

But Iā€™ll take the Fiesta Bowl.

4 Likes

Sporting News has Houston vs Miss State in Birmingham.

247 has Houston vs Louisville in the Military Bowl.

CBS has Houston vs. Utah St in the First Responder Bowl.

I think the American has a bowl game in Hawaii vs MWC. Would the team prefer that as a reward?

Hawaii is nice for the team but tough on fans. For fan support Birmingham bowl against an SEC team would be optimal

But weā€™re NY6 bound so it doesnā€™t matter anyway.

1 Like

Not automatically but odds are pretty good that if we won 8+ games weā€™d get a good bowl. Thereā€™s the Sugar, and the Alamo, the Liberty, the Texas, the Cheez-It, etc. are good bowl games against strong teams from other P5 conferences. But, yeah, if weā€™re 6-6 or so we wouldnā€™t have anything special.

2 Likes

Cant think about Birmingham without flashbacks to that cold, wet 2014 Compass Bowl v Vandy.
Jordan Matthews torched the UH DBs.
Okorn, Farrow, and Greenberry mostly held in check

Highlight was Dreamland BBQ. 1st time I had AL white sauce and their Brunswick Stew was 1st rate.

Iā€™m looking at the SEC, and Iā€™m not sure they will have enough bowl-eligible teams to fill the Birmingham. The Military is a long way off. I doubt weā€™d go there. The Hawaii might happen, but we could also see ESPN swoop in and get us a better bowl like they did in '16 with the Las Vegas.

Itā€™s never too early for an ice cold PBR, Mike. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like