Cal Chancellor Rips Pac12

How does coog fans feel about Tech? Is there a hate there as deep as the other schools?

The more condensed these conferences get, the more large brand name schools suffer. Other than the TV money does anyone:

• From Nebraska feel that Nebraska football is better now than it was in the Big 8?
  • From Arkansas feel that Razorback sports are better now than they were in the SWC?
  • From the ACC feel that ACC basketball is better now than when they had the original ACC?
  • From Colorado feel that Buff sports are better now than they were in the Big 12?

The only winners that I can see from all of the conference movements (other than money) are Penn State, Utah, TCU and Florida State. Everyone else lost and that includes A&M but they haven’t realized it yet.

3 Likes

Louisville benefited from changing conferences.

This should be shared and spread.

I will give you Louisville, but I would say Louisville benefitted from cheating more than they benefitted from a conference. There is no bigger outlaw school than Louisville.

2 Likes

Remember the motto of the SEC - If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying!

Of course, UT-Austin wrote the book on it.

4 Likes

I think we’re OK with Tech, but for some reason, Tech isn’t enamored with us. I think it’s because they see us as their biggest threat both on the field and off.

1 Like

The fact that they are playing us out of conference doesn’t really give me the vibe they are scared of us.

With the exception of one particular poster who has some axe to grind, my interaction with tech fans shows them as pretty meh about us.

18-12-1

Does our record against tech mean that we are afraid to play UT or aTm?

No, just pointing out that we’ve dominated them and some of their fans know it, I didn’t think it needed an explanation.

That makes the opposite point. The PAC12 isn’t complaining about 11am games. They are complaining about weekday games and late night games. If the idea is to draw some of the east coast audience, it wouldn’t be regularly scheduling PAC12 games at 11pm eastern time every Saturday.

How does UH joining the PAC12 change game times? We don’t control our own game times. When we get scheduled at 11am three times in one year, it’s because the networks want it that way. If we go to the PAC12, you guys will be complaining about 9:30pm starts instead of 11am starts.

My point is that having 6 pm games in Houston would give the PAC 7pm games on the east coast Having 4 teams in the central time zone, 2 in the south say UH and TT and 2 in the north say K State and Iowa State in the north would give every team in the PAC an opportunity to play a east coast prime time game every year.

1 Like

You missed my point. The PAC12 already plays games in that time slot. Their complaint is that the networks want them to fill too many time slots.

Thats just another reason to expand…
and bringing in schools from the central time zone will give PAC games from 11:00 am central time to midnight…Lots of viewing time and visibility nationally for a conference that really needs that.

I know most people hate it, but I like watching 9:00 PM kickoffs. I get to do what I want all day long hen come home and watch some CFB.
If we were in the PAC12 or the old MWC I would not watch most of the other games. I like to be outside on Saturday if my Coogs are not playing.

1 Like

X[quote=“Coog51, post:42, topic:10243”]
From the ACC feel that ACC basketball is better now than when they had the original ACC?
[/quote]
Syracuse, Louisville, and ND have been excellent additions in MBB.
Long time ACC fans like me miss the double round robin schedule for basketball and the purity of a three day eight team tournament.

John Swofford brought in Louisville so his cheating tar heels wouldn’t look so bad.

1 Like

Nobody knows at what time the PAC12 will play their games when they get their new media deal. Playing at 7 p…m. PST is not sustainable. They are going to want to play at 1 p.m. PST. espn does not agree? That is why there is going to be a lot of negotiations. The PAC12 does not get what they want? Do you think USC will want to leave? You bet it is a possibility. Every SEC School knows that when USC plays at 7 p.m. PST it is a plus for their own recruiting. USC won’t to be at this disadvantage much longer.