Coaching carousel

Also a great developer of our bigs.

I really think he is going to be a great head coach.

3 Likes

Probably a smart move for Cooley. Was at Providence for 12 years

Made the tournament 7 times, but his seeds were 11, 6, 9, 11, 10, 4, 11.

One Sweet 16. Did a great job

2 Likes

I think Cooley will do really well at Georgetown. Not sure if he’s the guy to get them to the very top, but he will get them back to consistency and consistently in the big tournament.

Sucks to lose your coach to a conference dreg.

#UT&TT&Beard&ArrestWarrant&Miss

The Big East now with

1.Marquette - Shaka Smart
2.Xavier - Sean Miller
3.UCONN - Dan Hurley
4.Creighton - Greg McDermott
5.St Johns - Rick Pitino
6.Georgetown - Ed Cooley

And Villanova & Seton Hall, still to be determined

Thats probably the 2nd best basketball conference. SEC in terms of coaches its Nate Oats & Muss. The rest of that league, good, not great. I think Cal has lost his fastball

Agreed, its good to move on before it gets stale and he may have peaked at Providence

I thought it was this year as well. That move should make it stronger

Don’t forget to add Beard to the SEC list of really good coaches.

2 Likes

Yep, did forget him. SEC would have

Oats, Muss, Beard, Barnes, Cal and Bruce Pearl. Solid as well.

I guess you could go either way ranking Big12, Big East, SEC. In terms of best conference

ACC, Big10, Pac 12 waaay behind

2 Likes

But the B1G will continue to get love. Like it is a top 2 conference. The national media will never learn.

And I know Beard is at Ole Miss. I just don’t think he will succeed there. They don’t care about basketball. Hell, they have an NIL collective for their baseball team. Nothing for hoops.

2 Likes

Well past his expiration date at ND. Not surprised its another retread but that it is Brey.

They sort of like it.

We’ll at least he doesn’t have to worry about annual beatdowns from UH

1 Like

Agree. Purdue choking in the R64 is honestly a worse look for the B1G than the 2021 debacle imo

I completely agree. He stands to lose more than he would gain.

I know I’m getting way ahead of myself but if UH did win the national championship, it wouldn’t surprise me if Kellen, Quannas and Hollis all were courted by other programs. Their value will never be higher. If they want to be head coaches, now would be the time. CKS may be faced with rebuliding his staff.

I don’t get that, I feel like with Notre Dame’s academic stuff he’ll have a hard time getting players admitted. Especially since that school couldn’t care less about basketball

Looks like Tech has its man

1 Like

I think hes a safer bet than ORU coach Paul Mills. I like both.

But, efficient defenses win in the tournament. ORU just wasnt tough defensively. UNT has been the last 2-3 years