D'Eriq King

I have been very impressed with King. I did not understand why every one was singing his praise last year, but the dude is a play maker.

WeTalkFacts w/ guest appearance from Houston Cougars star quarterback D’Eriq King to discuss Football, Family, Cars, etc

https://twitter.com/CampbellAward/status/1054769476854460416

As part of our Get to Know series, we sat down with Houston Quarterback D’Eriq King and learned about the junior on and off the field.

I have said this on here before, and I will say it again. He is the most complete package at QB for the coogs I have seen. He has a command/confidence in the offense I haven’t seen since Case, and he has elite top level athleticism to go with it. It is like watching art when he plays.

9 Likes

And this is his first full year at QB. Can’t wait to see what he can do next year with all of his main targets coming back.

Nah. He’s way better than both art and Art. :grinning:

1 Like

I hope the offense is the same :wink:

1 Like

Every time he drops back and gives the shoulder fake I get a tingle down my leg, followed by a “please don’t drop what is about to be a perfectly thrown deep ball”.

9 Likes

That is my worry too. All of those drops by the receivers. King could have a lot more passing yards if they didn’t drop all those balls.

Tingle down your leg, huh? Probably need to see somebody about that.

2 Likes

Doc said it may be a clot. He’s a quack though. Shipley’s donuts and Coog football 4 life.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/American_FB/status/1055562140306694144

3 Likes

“If you can’t get excited about this, your wood must be wet.”

12 Likes

lmao

It’s insane how deep under the radar D’eriq is

He’ll get recognition if we defeat USF that’s for sure. We need to be ranked!

2 Likes

We beat USF, we will be ranked. #25 lost last night and USF is what, 21?

1 Like

BTW, it’s Shipley Donuts.

David Klingler threw 54 TD passes and ran for one TD to get his 55 TD’s responsible for. He did it in 11 games – not 12, not 13, not 14 – ELEVEN. He did it against UT, aTm, Arkansas, etc. He also did it with a totally different offense.

To try to compare Klingler’s record with today’s team and offense, or with Danny Davis and the veer for that matter, is completely apples and oranges. I can just appreciate each of our great QB’s in each era for their accomplishments in their respective eras and systems. It’s like the NFL rushing and passing records in 16 games seasons of today as compared with the 11 game seasons of the Jim Brown and Johnny Unitas era. What someone does in 16 games to break their 11 games records doesn’t mean today’s record holder is better than the those who held old records of the 50’s or 60’s.

I hope King can break Klingler’s record. I hope that someday we have another QB that can break Case’s records. Why? Because it will mean that we are doing really well and I will cheer for the records to fall. But, nothing will diminish the achievements or my appreciation of Case, King, Ward, Klingler, Ware, Davis, or any of our great players of the past.

11 Likes

Not the big chain of donut places. This is Bobby Shipley’s place. Runs it out if a single wide just north of Willis.

2 Likes