Early look at the Big 12 next season

Sheesh they are stacked

Both set 4 UH talk.
Short recap & look forward.
The gang loves KS & thinks Top 10 in 23-24.

3 Likes

lol i love the “i dont care who is on the roster”…

1 Like

Right now, my projected Big 12

1.Kansas
2.Houston
3.Baylor
4.Texas
5.TCU
6.West Virginia

After 6…

7.Iowa St
8.Kansas St
9.Texas Tech
10.Cincinnati
11.Oklahoma
12.BYU
13.Oklahoma St
14.UCF

1 Like

Nice list, id go with:

1. KU
  2. Texas
  3. Baylor
  4. Houston
  5. TCU
  6. WVU
  7. KSU
  8. Cincy
  9. Iowa St
  10. Tech
  11. Oklahoma
  12. BYU
  13. OK St
  14. UCF
5 Likes

I was tempted to rank Cincinnati higher cause i like their size. And if CJ Frederick and Lukosius (Butler transfer), bring shooting, yeah its possible

If UH finishes outside the top 3, wouldn’t suprise me. These other programs are used to this Big 12 grind

I will be ok with us being top 5. You can bet every team will be ready to greet us into the Big 12!

3 Likes

both of your lists are a bit confusing to me …are we talking what we think the media will vote or our own personal opinion…

i think the media will have it

1. KU
  2. Houston
  3. Baylor
  4. Texas
  5. Kstate
  6. TCU
  7. WVU
  8. Iowa st
  9. Ok state
  10. Oklahima
  11. BYU
  12. Cincy
  13. Texas tech
  14. UCF

i think the media will lean on brand weight and recent success , and less about roster makeup

but looking at the rosters… i think our recent history will overvalue us, ive seen 3 previews questions our bigs but say houston is #2 because “sampson”… wvu and tcu undervalued based on brand despite elite rosters with hall of fame coaches

texas i dont get the hype you guys have on them (i know theyll be ranked high) but there is a total of 2 guards of any note on roster… they added 1 big of note, and big news that mitchell returned… neither of those bigs are scorers… texas still has like 4 ships, but as of today i dont see the hype

similarly with kstate but worse! as of today kstate looks like a bottom 3 big 12 roster… but they too have like 4 ships

i dont think okst is as bad as you guys are making them out to be either… their center position looks week. but their 1 through 4 looks good, they arent that far off from last years team than finished 7th in the big 12

1 Like

i agree totally…what woukd your personal rankinhs be?

Im just down on Ok State. They were a very good defensive team with Moussa Cisse last yr

Hes gone. And any team heavily relying on multiple freshman (Garrison & Dailey), good luck. Their offense is poor for the athletes they have. Their home court is weak compared to other teams.

With Texas you got, Abmas, Hunter, Mitchell, Disu, Shedrick & Brock Cunningham. The pieces have to gel. But its a veteran squad. So i think they can compete on the road.

Kansas St,absolutely, without Tang, i would have them lower. Their roster has a lot of questions. But i just trust him for now as a coach. He pulled a rabbit out of his hat last yr. Can do more with less

@pesik what would your ranking be? Im sortof basing off past performance also. Like TCU has a solid roster, but maybe its their coaching/culture. They don’t bring it all the time. They’re inconsistent to me. So, i can’t expect them to be Top 3

Cincinnati, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, i just got see Ws this yr, before i rank you ahead of Tang & TJ Otzelberger

I think Tech could surprise some people. Great home court & Mccasland was excellent at North Texas (they’re hoping for Arthur Kaluma)

Wow, hes usually really big on us. Surprised that we aren’t in his top 10.

UH # 7.

my rankings would be as of today

1. KU- elite roster proven coach, preseason national #1, i see some spacing issue with the starters, my hot take Parker Braun jumps kj adams in the depth chart at some point
  2. WVU - they are like 8 deep in touted transfers, and huggins is a hall of fame coach -amd they are still targeting more touted transfers
  3. Baylor - assuming ridges stays and Jonathan Tchamwa is still on roster (still has open ships too)
  4. Houston, i dont think we are a top 4 roster, but i have faith in sampson, also this is for today still lots of open ships
  5. TCU - best depth in the league, but no obvious stars, also dixon can coach
  6. Iowa state - high risk, high reward roster, reliant on elite freshmen and underclass mid major superstars
  7. Ok state - @Coog1992 they might be reliant on freshmen but it wil be by choice, they have 5 upperclass guards that score 9.7 or more (only 1 from a lower league), the 4 spot is the only spot they need a freshmen to shine , with 3 elite freshmen options there 1 will shine (just need 1 to be good). 5 spot not great but 2 guys with size
  8. Texas- will skyrocket with a completed roster but today there is a total of 2 scoring threats on the roster, but does have a ton of good defensive weapons
  9. BYU - will be better than alot of people give credit. they are deep, and added 3 notable transfers
  10. Cincy - One the deepest teams, needs 2 waivers, and coach isnt proven- also some dynamic questions
  11. Oklahoma - a roster of good players but no notable stars, on an elite team only hugley would be competing for a starting spot (lots of open ships)
  12. kstate - the rosters isnt threating in any way in the context of the big 12, perrys decent but what made unt good was the defense not him scoring… but kstate has like 5 ships so they can skyrocket
  13. ucf - will likely be last but as of today not last, jaykwon walton needs a waiver, but assuming he gets it they have a really good guard core, suspect at the 5, coach is also suspect
  14. texas tech - has open ships but the roster just isnt good, likely wont be even when filled. are going to be relying on 6pt scorers from bad teams… but i do think they can jump ucf
1 Like

“This is for today still lots of open ships”?

I thought UH has one ship available right now?

was referencing other teams and their potential to jump us… like kstate and texas arent world beaters now, but they have enough ships to be

Thanks for clearing that up

I can see why a coach would want to stay in the AAC. Conference play is going be a battle. Big change from what we have grown used to

2 Likes

It will be like playing in the sweet 16 every week.

2 Likes

Correct, playing a NCAA caliber game every game and you need to be deep like NBA teams. You need to have 11-12 players ready to contribute across the board to keep folks rested.

11-12 That’s funny!
Teams dipping to their 11-12 guys are teams who will be struggling. We are deeper and more talented at guard than the most.

1 Like