ESPN: Big 12 looking at possibility of adding UCF, BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati, including adding 2 teams even if UT and OU stay

I whole-heartedly agree!

"Thus, option No. 1 will require the Big 12 to move decisively in adding additional schools.

Which schools would make sense? Houston should be the first call. With Texas exiting the Big 12, adding a program from the nation’s fourth-largest city makes all the sense in the world."
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Texas-Oklahoma-football-move-to-SEC-Big-12-college-football-realignment--168166972/#168166972_2

1 Like

I would rather take the PAC too because they aren’t poachable. But that conference would be better than the PAC in both football and basketball.

1 Like

They need markets. Switch out a Dallas school for Tech and choose UNLV over Boise. If OSU is gone, go with Tulane (which I ageee seems crazy).

1 Like

Everyone not in B1G or SEC is poachable. It may not make they most sense but they are risky poschable

1 Like

Regardless of what you think of aTm, to exclude them was a pretty punk move IMHO.

Kind of punk, kind of hilarious.

Don’t be beholden to internet hokum.

The PAC isn’t going to be poached. The caché of being a member of that conference is immense. And their geography protects them like no media package ever could.

1 Like

The Big12 is dead man walking at this point.

All our focus should be on the Pac 12.

2 Likes

Focus?

All the B12 has to do is pull a team or two from our conference and we’re the dead man walking.

We’re gonna do what protects us in the here and now.

3 Likes

The AAC would stack extremely well over a B12 sans TX/OU from top to bottom. Even if they added UH and another school; AAC > B12.

FunkMaster, That is the exact short term thinking that will leave us out in the cold again.

If we go to an unstable B12 it is just a matter of time before we are scrambling again looking for a life raft when the TV deal runs out in a few years.

This is not the time to be short sided. This is an opportunity to anchor ouselves to long term growth with the Pac 12.

How do we anchor ourselves to the pac?

Ask Chris Pezman. Before he became UH’s AD he was a Very Big Cheese Assistant AD at Cal-Berkley.

If we can get into pac, do it.

If we can’t, and we can get into the unstable b12, do it.

If b12 falls apart, join with leftover b12’s and aac schools.

2 Likes

We are going to join the PAC 12…How do i know??
Our AD told me…He told me one of the primary reasons he was hired was to get UH into the PAC 12, and he was going to make it happen…I happen to believe what he told me…

11 Likes

What’s your level of confidence in us pulling this off? 25%, 50%, 75%, more?

1 Like

I like that PAC map…except I might swap Boise with UNLV.

1 Like

Even if they say it’s not about the money, it’s always about the money

4 Likes