Football Operations Building

who?

1 Like

It made me feel proud. But I’m gimmicky like that.

2 Likes

I have no idea what all of that will look like. That is a screen capture of the master plan but it could be a placement block displaying the area where the ops building will be.

1 Like

I thought the weight room was going into that side area of the IPF.

Will the visitors get the current UH home locker room? Or will both teams come out of the same tunnel?

So that’s Garage 7 on the corner of Scott & Wheeler?

I was told awhile ago that visitors would get our old locker room but that might have changed.

The tailgating areas are just fine. The RV lot is what was displaced. Unfortunate but still needed to be done. I am thankful we have the IPF where it sits and now getting the Ops bldg.

1 Like

I’m guessing once Cullen is finished tailgating will be available all up and down the street on both sides. Should open up some other options for RVs

5 Likes

UH can do what the basketball team has with locker rooms in the Guy Lewis Facility and Fertitta Center. Give the football team an everyday locker room in the Football Operations building and then keep the current locker room for game day since they specifically built it so could have that glass window so club seat holders can see the team take the field. We are in the Big 12 now so lets go big time and have two locker rooms.

5 Likes

Is there a plan to add parking for STUDENTS that need the parking to go to school?

1 Like

There are at least 6 other parking garages that used to be only surface lots. Kids don’t know the struggle of parking on gravel lots hoping a shuttle might come by one day. They can walk.

19 Likes

2 huge parking garages have come online in the past 3 years that more than make up the spaces lost for the FOB. I believe there are 3 more garages planned for the main campus according to the master plan.

2 Likes

Funny thing is that they covered those glass windows in the tunnel after the first game and never uncovered em. Why did we build that ‘feature’?

1 Like

I don’t know if parking on the far north side of Jeppesen and walking the death march in 95 degree heat builds character, but I did it.

4 Likes

Uphill both ways too

1 Like

Yes it was!! How did you know?

1 Like

Also UH is planning on tearing down the education building and is going to build a new building over where the green lot is for football parking. They plan on leaving that area in between the legacy buildings an open area. It would actually be the perfect location for UH to move the student tailgate area. Then UH can build alumni pavilions like had at the Rob down Cullen in front of the stadium where the Cougar Walk takes place.

5 Likes

I heard the side of the building will have a massive “57” on it

Yes,
The Engineers lost their pavilion when the Rob was torn down . We were asked if we wanted a new one in the future. We are still waiting … now would be a good time !
Go Coogs !

2 Likes

I heard that from my west coast sources as well

I wish.

1 Like