Game 20 review

Won’t be ranked #1 again this season, we have been exposed again, teams can watch this game and Alabama game and figure out how to beat us now

We can do it.

And people will forget about this loss if we collect another Q1 win on Wednesday.

We gotta do it over 13 games, though. Rest of regular season and 2 in conference tourney. We all know the committee isn’t looking at our championship game on that Sunday.

6 Likes

We’re still number 1 in KenPom.

The committee didn’t care about conference tourneys last year (Aggies should have made it in over Notre Dame)

But winning out and getting outside help from Kent is a must. Rule 1 in the AAC is to not get tagged with Q3/4 losses and we did just that

1 Like

I don’t think it’s impossible. But we still have at UCF, temple, Memphis and home vs Memphis. Than whoever makes the conference tournament. It won’t be easy. This is that bad loss mid conference play we have every year. This is when we go on our run and start beating teams down by 20+. This reminds me of the ECU lost 2 years ago. Happened around the same time.

1 Like

The irony lol.

ehog reading all these comments.

My reaction while I spammed his thread all night

Wouldn’t be surprised if we’re listed as a 3 seed in the next brackets that come out. We weren’t listed as a 1 seed last week. We were the 3rd 1 seed this week. So much emphasis on count of Q1 wins and we dont have many chances to rack those up

if seen a few updated rankings so far still top 7 in all

No way we move down two seed lines with 1 loss. Probably number 6 overall after this one.

Only 6 spots from #3 this week

Looking for positives: we held Temple to 1 pt in the final 6:37 of the game. :woozy_face:

Defense showed up at the end, but offense didn’t play their part. How many shots did we miss today from inside 5’? Ugh.

2 Likes

Did you see how badly KU got beat by TCU at home? The looked horrible.

1 Like

Surprisingly Shead was our top 3 poing shooting starter today at 3 of 8. Only Sharp at 1 of 2 was better.

Unfortunately 1 of 8 from 2 was a disaster

1 Like

All but 1

2 Likes

Not to mention we are better on the road at home this season.

I don’t know if it’s us coasting or other teams getting amped to play us at FC, but it’s wild how this years team has struggled at home so much when last year’s team could go 0fer from 3 at a moments notice

1 Like

shead was shooting some historically terrible percentages prior to 3 games ago… but had 2 really good shooting games, i was hoping he turned a corner … but he went back to the season norm today

Offense wasn’t there from the start. I checked the stats at about 10 min. into the 1st half and we’d only hit 21% of our shots.

1 Like

It was just one of those games where they didn’t have it. It’s disappointing, especially since all they needed was a layup, or putback, or something to win the game. Flush it and move on.

1 Like

When we got to the car in the garage after leaving the game, my dad said that almost word for word.

This game shouldn’t have been this close, but it was, and that technical foul 100% mattered.

He was 2-2…check the rest of the team

2 Likes