Game 20: Temple @ #1 Houston - January 22nd, 2023 (L 55-56)

It happens this is college basketball

2 Likes

This is why it’s the greatest sport on the planet.

2 Likes

Agree that Carlton changed the dynamic and elevated the team, whether in performance or in the threat of scoring. That was a great five, chemistry-wise. The amazing thing was how well they performed even when tired.

5 Likes

Yeah it would be one thing if this was the final game of a packed portion of the scehdule but we looked completely disinterested for a home game even after a 4 day break lmao

Agreed. The problem with this years chemistry is at times overdribbling from the 3 guards. Their games don’t mesh as well. I get we played well against Tulane.

But the totality of the season, theres been 4-5 offensive clunkers.

I just didnt see that as much last year. Against Memphis okay. They were talented and deep. I felt like Shead, Edwards, Taze were all good passers.

I think Sasser is becoming better as a passer. I think Tramon, the ball doesn’t move enough in his hands, that’s why with Emmanuel in there looks like a little better offensively. Better spacing.

2 Likes

That was a beautiful set up play to Tramon and he got a shot off that rimmed out. Story of the game.
And I agree that Jarace takes way too many difficult shots instead of leaning and drawing fouls

3 Likes

Free Throws Made in first 20 games by %

>80%: 7
(N.Colorado, TSU, St. Mary’s, at Virginia, at Tulsa, UCF, at Cincinnati)

79%-70%: 4
(at Oregon, Norfolk St., North Florida, SMU)

69%-60%: 6
(at St. Joe’s, Oral Roberts, Kent St., NC A&T, USF, at Tulane)

59%-50%: 3
(Alabama, McNeese St., Temple)

Highest: at Cincinnati (4/4) 100%
Lowest: McNeese St. (5/10) 50%

2 Likes

Note we lose 2 out of 3 when shooting below 60% on our FT’s.

2 Likes

Yea. But with a total POS effort like today? FG%31% FT% 49%. We will be lucky to win 5 more games. Want my tickets? Let me know.

Get lost.

Only saw the stat line, jwan only took 3 attempts on three makes. That is out of the ordinary

Usually he gets a bunch of looks

We do not have any depth at the guard positions or any real legit big man I will be happy if we make the sweet 16…

1 Like

And the hot takes have started.

1 Like

A team is a group of players contributing not just the starting 5.

Sampson and this team get a vastly greater longer leash than Dana and Co.

We lost 2 games…

1 Like

Lol he is the best coach we have ever had I’m not saying in a million years fire the guy lol sometimes you just have to be real.

So the wins at UVA and against a soon to be ranked Saint Mary’s mean nothing because of one mid-January clunker?

Yeah they do mean nothing it’s always the next game up great wins tho…

1 Like

Just bad.