Glad I Found the Site

Glad to be part of this site. Thanks Raymond

1 Like

Like the new site. It will be fun to see it re-develop. Kept my old user name even though I long ago moved to the Hill Country. It just feels right.

Very happy Coogfans is back. This community is the best UH Cougar group on the web.

1 Like

Glad to be on the new site.
Good luck. A sign of the times that UH is so popular that we can have and likely support three boards.
I am also glad that there is going to be some enforcemenf of cimmon courtesy on the board.

FYI my screen name was and is gotohelltu on the old board.
Got my name of choice on the new one.

Oh. I was northerncougar (not northerncoog) on the digest.

Turned to the dark side.

Bottom line Ray & co are loyal Cougars
$ellers is only loyal to his bank acct + WHY shld we share anything or one with A$M?

2 Likes

OK, thanks! I live in Sheldon, Iowa; which is about 2 hours and 45 minutes north of Omaha.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been uhlaw97 ever since I started posting on the original Cougarā€™s Den back in 1995 with a dial-up modem. No sense in changing the username Iā€™ve had for more than two decades.

Also, no sense in abandoning scout altogether. As Sam says, the more UH fan sites, the merrier. It ainā€™t an either/or.

But I disagree with the whole inside info thing. Iā€™ve never found any inside info on any fan board that proved reliable that couldnā€™t be found on other open sources on the internet.

Usually, when I have heard people spread a so called inside rumor, but they wonā€™t say who they heard it from, or provide a link to an open source to that effect, the rumor has proven false.

Perfect example: UH is being ā€œvettedā€ by the B1G.

Helpful hint/rule of thumb: if someone on a fan board states a rumor, but they canā€™t provide a source or a link to back it up, then without hesitation, disbelieve it and reject it outright. Far more often than not, itā€™ll be proven false.

As for Sellers and his supposed inside info, Iā€™ve yet to see it. He definitely was wrong about Herman leaving. But I donā€™t bear him any ill will and wonā€™t boycott his site on that basis.

At present, I only boycott one UH fan site, and I boycott it for far more legitimate reasons.

I respect your opinion, and your choice to give sellers your business is ultimately your business. I do take issue with you insinuating that those who chose to leave his site did so for illegitimate reasons.

When the guy that runs a so called ā€œinsider infoā€ site on the UH football program goes on a national radio show and says the exact same thing TT, ATM TCU, etcā€¦ coaching staffā€™s were saying to our recruits at the timeā€”i.e. ā€œHermanā€™s gone after this seasonā€ some people including myself decided we didnā€™t want to pay a negative UH recruiter. What do you think those schools coaching staffā€™s did with that interview when they spoke to recruits considering Houston?

Sellers didnā€™t post or mention the interview (on his UH site) because he knew it wouldnā€™t go over well. A poster called him out on it and then there was alot of backlash. I (along with others it seems) decided it was time to leave for very legitimate reasons.

Law:
I think you might boycott the same site that I boycott. I just heard today that place no longer exist.

Good riddance if true.

ā€¦

More than an Industry, More than a single city. We keep the letters to honor our past.

EE,

I didnā€™t say that the reasons that other people have for leaving scout arenā€™t legitimate, necessarily.

I simply stated that MY reasons for boycotting another site are FAR MORE legitimate, comparatively speaking. You can ask Hotel if you donā€™t believe me. I am pretty sure that he would agree. What happened there was truly shocking and appalling. My reasons for boycotting that other site are so good that there really isnā€™t any argument to consider to the contrary.

HCNY,

If what you say is true, then as you say, GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

Since the episode in question, Iā€™ve had absolutely NO desire to go back to that site. If it has indeed folded, then it is a good thing.

Iā€™m definitely glad Raymond included me on the new site. Before the season begins Iā€™ll have my ā€œPre seasonā€ preview articles on both the offense and defense. And once the season begins Iā€™ll have my weekly pre game preview and post game analysis articles.

Iā€™m also glad I was able to capitalize the C and J in my user name. That always bothered me on the old site. Not sure why I did created it in all lower case. :joy:

Hi Folks, change always sucks in some regard but iā€™ll most likely be staying on both sites for the simple reason that theyā€™re both Coog related and iā€™m just an internet passenger along for the ride. Rob seems to be alright and means well. Not sure what his background is - is he a Coog or an aggie? It does matter because otherwise heā€™s just doing this for the money. But so far I donā€™t have any problem with anything going on over on the old site. I was never on any other UH site so I donā€™t know anything about any of that past history nonsense.

Anyway, it is nice to start seeing familiar names popping up here so I think everyone will warm up to things rather quickly and weā€™ll get right back to arguing and laughing and arguing and laughing andā€¦

Glad to see the site. Looking forward to reading posts of familiar names, and disagreeing with those I usually do. If this site has a blocking feature, at some point I will use it I guessā€¦Lol.
BTW Sam, what was the site you refer to? I know of 'fans, the den, this site, I donā€™t need to know the reasonsā€¦

RJ,

I believe heā€™s referring to the houston.rivals.com board, where Rob used to be the publisher, specifically, Cullen Blvd., that boardā€™s premium site.

Rob predicted (incorrectly) that Herman would leave in an interview. A lot of people on that board were POā€™d over that, believing that saying that as an insider would negatively affect recruiting (a dubious assertion in my view; how many recruits make up their minds based on what a dang sports writer or publisher has to say?) and cancelled their memberships as a result.

Howdy!

Iā€™m glad to see Coogfans lives on!

Was he the same one as TexAG77? I know some in the past had some problems with an aggie as a mod and I donā€™t see him there anymore.

TexAg77ā€™s son is a Coog and he attended our games with his son. When we had the tailgate in high gear he was a huge help and truly supported the Coogs. In general, a very good guy

Good to hear. Thanks for the clarification.
Go Coogs!

Rob was stating the same thing other programs were that were interested in the same recruits we were. Did it change someones mind?Thatā€™s really immaterial isnā€™t it? --Im not paying someone to take potentially damaging actions toward a program I support.

How much influence does an internet journalist have on kids? Enough that Coach Herman himself made sure to address the team and the press about the fallacy of a rumor that had him leaving for SC or elsewhere last year around the same time. Who had started that SC rumor? A SC internet journalist. Who knowsā€” maybe CTHā€™s beliefs were just ā€œdubiousā€ at best about the possible influence of an internet journalist. Maybe the calls he and his staff got from recruits and questions from guys on the team concerning the internet journalists rumor/speculation were nothing he should have concerned himself with. Maybe he should have asked for your opinion on it all.

Rob didnā€™t publish the interview on the UH site he ran because he knew it wouldnā€™t be appreciatedā€“and he was right.

1 Like