Go Astros!

I hope the Astros sign Correa. I used to think he was destined to be a Yankee but after the cheating scandal he has emerged as my favorite Astro. We need someone with his attitude to handle all the haters. Also, why hasn’t Crane extended Dusty yet?? That’s a no-brainer for me and who better to lead the Astros out of this dark period than Dusty Baker. He does make some stupid decisions but he was the right man for the job.

I hope the batters can carry the team into the WS. Pitching is a train wreck right now.

2 Likes

I would like them to go after Robbie Ray, who will be f.a. . He’s was almost an ASTRO in 19 when he was w DBacks but thry wanted too much, instead we got the DBack pitcher that became available-- Greinke.

Edit: Lefty. Had very good year w the Blue Jays

It’ll take a lot of luck for the Stros to advance. The pitching is bushed right now. Need someone to restore order.

1 Like

Just don’t have anyone remaining w any good playoff exp. The cards are def not in their favor. Been a great run they’ve have had last 6/7 yrs. Only yr they didn’t make since 2015 was 2016 n they gave up division lead to Rangers in Sept.

Simeon does play SS.

I thought he was a 2b

Has played some 2b but mostly SS last few yrs.

Jose Urquidy has experience, having pitched in the 2019 World Series. Also, this series is far from over. They ran into the Sox best pitcher. Our lineup is still formidable and can definitely win in Boston.

1 Like

Marcus Semien will be sought after but in his age 31 season, I don’t think he will command the type of years and dollars that Correa will ask for. So, I actually think he could be a target for the Astros, unless they just decide to give the job to Jeremy Pena.

Pena can hit like Hell but what kind of an arm does he have. I’ve never seen a Sugarland game.

It’s a good question. I have never seen him play either, other than highlights. Either way, it can probably be expected to be a drop off from Correa defensively. By the way, bummer for the Astros tonight. I don’t want to completely count them out, because crazier things have happened in the playoffs but it looks pretty bleak. The Red Sox have all of the momentum.

Altuve gave them the game. If you go back to the championship year he also had a bad series in NY before coming back to help them win it all.

What the Chron coined, “A Bronx Fail.”

I think JV is going back to Detroit to finish up his career as he’s hinted. Greinke has reached the end of the line i think. He’s a HOF for sure but Father Time is knocking hard. I love CC, he’s heart and soul…BUT…he’s going to get a record contract that Crane is not going to match. I see it both ways…hate for him to leave but with JV and ZG’s $68M and CC off the books that can fill a lot of holes. Move Bregman to his natural position, SS, and sign a guy like Kris Bryant if don’t think Pena is ready to go. LOVE Maldy behind the dish but hard to carry a .170 bat. Even if CC goes the "stros still have a potent offense just have to upgrade the pitching staff.

1 Like

They scored 12 runs and you say Altuve gave them the game? The Astros pitching gave them the game and the previous two. Don’t try to make a guy that has been the heart of the team into a scapegoat.

If it wasn’t for Altuve’s 2 run homer and sac fly to score what turned out to be the winning run in game 1, this series would be over and the Astros swept.
Yeah, CC gave them the lead in game one, but Altuve had 3 of the RBIs, to CC’s 1. I haven’t seen any more CC time since the one homer in game 1, has his time passed?

1 Like

2 games in a row, our starting pitchers had guys down 0-2 and ended walking the batters. Each of those walks eventually led to grand slams. You HAVE to put guys away when you have than on an 0-2 count. Yes, Altuve’s errors have hurt, but not as much as our starting pitchers.

1 Like

I said Altuve gave them the game with his error/misplay. They loaded the bases, hit a grand slam, and kept the inning going.

And if you want to blame it all on the pitchers that’s fine. But the catcher is the brains behind the operation and, in my opinion, has called two horrific games behind the plate.

I have to disagree. Don’t thk the dp was going to happen… runner at plate had good speed. Plus Urquidy had nothing , ball wasn’t moving like it usually does… it happens. Just don’t see how we can say if Tuve makes that play… Astros will win. Wasn’t in the cards, plus ER for Redsox pitched very well. Jmo.

How many runners have we left on base this series… Gotta start getting those clutch hits again and 1-3 HAVE TO START HITTING!!!

0 and 2 with no runners on and you walk the guy. I would rather give up a solo shot. Challenge the hitter instead of giving up walks. That is what is killing us to many walks.

Love ya Funk but you could of had Johnny Bench calling it and it wouldn’t have mattered one iota. Pitchers where throwing BP stuff at a red hot team. Garcia jumped from A-Ball to MLB and has never come close to throwing as many IPs as he has this year…his last 2 starts was painfully clear he’s spent right now. Urquidy is in same boat coming off an injury…Greinke is at the end of a HOF career. You can’t win a LCS and WS with this pitching staff barring a miracle.

Go Coogs Beat ECU !!!

4 Likes