Houston vs LSU in 2027

So, are you saying you only think alumni should be fans? That would eliminate a huge portion of our fans, if not the majority. That probably goes for most state universities. The best Coog fan I ever knew, Jim Langham, never went to college.

But I am pretty sure the vast majority of Louisiana residents, that didn’t go to a rival university, pull for LSU. That includes graduates of all schools in Louisiana with the possible exception of some Tulane alumni.

7 Likes

I believe the rule is that they can be fans, but not trash talking obnoxious fans.

4 Likes

Yeah fans can be fans of whatever school. UT has tons of t shirt fans so no big deal.

Does anybody remember how far in advanced we booked the OU Texas Kickoff in 2016? Was it 4 years out?

LSU has it circled on the calendar.

7 Likes

I was thinking 2013. Pretty sure it was during the Levine era.

1 Like

Why are we not doing 2-1’s or 1-offs with schools like UNLV and Georgia Southern?

By the by Kelly has killed it in recruiting this cycle, especially with the transfer market.

LSU will continue to threaten Alabama for the SEC West.

Why would any G5 school agree to a 2-1 with another G5 (which is what we see when those series were set up)?

They forgot to read that book

1 Like

Kevin is Marshall’s cousin. Marshall went to San Diego State.

1 Like

so you’re saying all fans should have never attended the school they cheer for? that seems ridiculous.

We should all make crazy assumptions about what people write so we can seem to make a good point.

3 Likes

Now I asked a question, but you made a statement. :rofl:

No, you made an assumption. a silly one.

My cousin who graduated from U-La-La never cheers for his alma mater and is a HUGE LSU fan instead.

I don’t think the majority of our fans are t-shirt fans. It would actually be a good thing for overall support.

3 Likes

Second part of the rule is that if you graduated from another school with a D-1 program, that is your team. You can be a more casual fan of big school in state, but alma mater is number one and receives minimum 75% of your passion.

3 Likes

In Louisiana LSU is the states most popular team college or pro.

1 Like

Yes…they have a very low endowment for a state flagship University of their size and stature in their state.

By comparison, UH’s endowment is twice the endowment of LSU.

They have a ton of T-shirt fans that attend the games but don’t have the kind of money to donate to the University.

This is why I am wondering how LSU will trend in a post NIL world, especially with UH now being a P5 school.

UH is a bigger public school, has richer alums, is in a market with more NIL opportunities and is in a bigger more powerful state.

NIL is a game changer for the University of Houston.

By 2027, I expect us to be the favorite going into this game.

2 Likes