Houston vs Tulane (Line Tulane -5)

The Ghost Train to Pollyanna Junction is careening down the track to New Orleans. Will there be a major crash with all the Pollyannas tossed about like bowling pins in a Big Lebowski scene? Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth! Oh the humanity!

2 Likes

I think Tulane is a triple option team. Last time we played one of those it did not end well.

Air raid’esque now. Switched out coordinators.

3 Likes

Meanwhile the Naysayer Railroad Maintenance crew are doing their best to tear up the tracks. It seems they are focused on ensuring the train never makes it to NOLA

3 Likes

Tulane receiving votes in the Coaches’ Poll.

Oh, the horror

Interesting Tulane thread:

https://gotula.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11135

One commenter was right. Our fanbase does suck a lot of times. So many negative nancies. It is obscene how negative folks here get. Chill out and Go Coogs!

6 Likes

They seem to assume that they are stronger than us. Oh and the comment about the WSU d-line is interesting but mostly wrong. It is a good line and the O line is very good. I don’t think their QB is half as good as any of the ones we have seen this year. My wife and I are likely to go. I want to be there for the turn around. What they missed is that without the holding calls we would have scored at least 10 more points.

I’m staying on the train even if it has to run down a dirt road!

8 Likes

Historically I have been a passenger but realize the train does stop from time to time to refuel. It’s not a non stop ride as there are frequent conductor changes, the wheels fall of regularly and there are too many rail cars dedicated to the infirm, most the butt hurt. Having been on and aware of the Pollytrains history, I check schedules regularly and consider other, more reliable forms of transportation as necessary.
I do however enjoy the club car where the beer flows like wine.

No Sir, Coach V
we will arrive on schedule and blow past Cajun Country
All Aboard!!!

2 Likes

As the pollytrain’s railroad company president, I’ll have you know that our trains are all electrical, and require NO refueling.

Given that, the train is running, and only stops to recharge prior to the next victory.

Next victory stop: TOOLAME!!!

ALL ABOARD!!!

4 Likes

Note to All Train People: the only tracks that actually lead to Tulane’s campus are those used by the famous St. Charles Trolley.

Hopefully, Bobby Bouche doesn’t play for the Wave this season and we will win in New Orleans.

1 Like

I concerned about any team who likes to run the aball.
Offense needs to start fast and make them play from behind.
But seriously to the one who said this will be the best run defense we have faced. If you really believe that I am not sure what else to say.
I am not sure what to expect but I know we need to win this and I am not sure what to expect.

Their defensive line is very good. Of course we are just talking about the starting 4, depth is an issue.

2 Likes

Statistically speaking. They are. Tulane is ranked #31 in the country, allowing 95 yards a game. lol Now they’ve given up a total of 285 yards in 3 games, but 175 came from Auburn. Aubbie’s QB may not be a good passer this year, but all the misdirection in the backfield that they do, Tulane did a good job limiting them (longest rush was 24 yards).

Looking at them on video however, they aren’t that athletic up front, but they are big boys that plug the middle. Patrick Johnson is having a relatively quiet year for all of the hype he’s received in the off season but even so, he’s only one man.Josh Jones should be able to keep a hat on him.

I think CDH is going to attack the edges so flares and screens might be loading for this game. I don’t think they have an athletic enough linebacker to spy King either. They’ll have to go small with a nickle and that might help us running against them.

2 Likes

He was sacked 3 times by mighty PVAMU. 3 sacks per game.

Giving up the same number of sacks to an FCS opponent as we do to good and very good FBS opponents may indicate that we play to the level of our competition, which is a bad thing.

Add another car – 4 more to Cajun Country!!!

4 Likes