How Often Do You Wear Houston Blue?

UH, like many other universities, maintains separate brand guidelines for the Athletics department. For whatever reason the public-facing ones haven’t been updated since 2018 (someone at the school should really get on that! Houston Blue isn’t the only change we’ve made in that timeframe!) but there is definitely a document somewhere that identifies a specific Houston Blue color as a part of the UH Athletics brand.

EDIT: Given how successful it’s been, I’d be pretty surprised if it’s not formally added to the broader UH color palette next brand refresh.

2 Likes

Here in Arkansas I wear my blue Houston cap (with red lettering) more than my red UH cap. Primarily because I have a blue car.

2 Likes

Wardrobe coordination with your vehicle does get enough attention.

3 Likes

Just imagine this board if they have an Oiler blue slab bring out the team…

AllResponsibleJellyfish-size_restricted

5 Likes

Who would be the major culprits?

Well at least you didn’t drag my ass through a “you’re gay” for color coordinating clothes with a car. Wait, that sounds gay, I swear I’m married to a lovely asian girl. I can show you pics - no I can’t they are all naked pics. Crapola, I’m between a rock and a hard place - sheet it’s getting worse. Ok, let’s just say I’m leaning gay but only when I’m in an Iowa corn patch where anything goes. There, leave me alone.

3 Likes

Did you run out of prune juice?

2 Likes

You have identified the problem. I added too much vodka as I was low on the prune juice.

2 Likes

Not your fault …

image

2 Likes

Don’t have any UH light blue gear but I’ll likely wear a light blue polo I have for the UCF game.

UH has yet to have a winning record when asking fans to do this color theme in either major sport. If we lose to UCF, I’ll never wear that color to a game again.

In the past they have used it for big games again our in state rivals, which already get a crowd and excitement they treated it like a black out or white out. The UCF game is better for this its a game with very little appeal this should drive a few fans to the game. We should also be doing a throwback game every season as well.

3 Likes

I never wear it to a game or UH function unless it has been designated a “Blue” game. Never on a fall Friday (always red).

Other than that, it is in my regular polo shirt rotation.

Never have, never will.

2 Likes

That team was dead to me the day that damned Yankee pulled up stakes and took the team with him.

3 Likes

I will add that their colors are dead to me also.

2 Likes

Closest I will get is wearing my blue Cubs hat (while wearing red T shirt) to a UH Football game that was designated a “blue” game.

No loser blue for me, thank you.

1 Like

nathan fillion castle GIF

6 Likes

Well, there was that one year in the last 120!

LOL

2 Likes

Keep telling yourself that. I’ve been in and out of Houston a long time and never heard the term before we started wearing it.

I am not whining about the color, so don’t need to tell myself anything.