James Harden gone from Rockets

The only positive I see is that the picks are potential trade assets. I don’t have a lot of faith in the Rockets selecting players in the draft.

1 Like

We have some pretty good rookies and youngsters now with the use of the draft.

1 Like

New GM, new coach, new philosophy…I’ll give them (the Rockets brass) a few drafts before I determine if they’re any good or not.

It looks to me like they are just saving money.

Watching a team play hard is better than watching one player score a lot of points.

4 Likes

someone just pointed out a funny noted

if deshaun leaves… the preseason star player for the rockets (harden) , texans (watson), houston football (king), houston basketball (mills) all left within the last year

1 Like

Sad thing is the Astros might be joining that group with multiple greats departing.

Amen!!

Which players specifically? I’m talking about selecting players that can be franchise changers. Similar to what Golden State has done. I think that will be the key to reviving the Rockets unless they happen to convince a team to trade their superstar.

I agree.

I think the Astros are still potentially in good shape. If they can convince Correa to sign an extension, the infield (and the core) should be intact for a while.

Patrick Reed…a Houston area golfer has really been doing well lately !

1 Like

Hehe

I heard Roger Clemens threw batting practice to one of his sons yesterday. It was first time in over 24 hrs that he had thrown bp. :grinning:

1 Like

Why not? They only passed on Drexler and MJ . . . . .

1 Like

Yes they passed on Drexler for Rodney McCray, but they drafted Olajuwon instead of Jordan.

Nope. University of Houston fan.

3 Likes

The crazy thing is they had the opportunity to have all three of Drexler, Olajuwon AND Jordan on the Rockets together.

1 Like

Yep.

They also got rid of Kenny Smith or they would have had a third title.