Looking ahead to SMU game . . . .

I hate to think about how ugly this might get. SMU is good and they hate us. Skill and motivation. Yikes.

2 Likes

Yeah, but just imagine if we can play spoiler for once like they did once or twice on us before when Judas was here more recently. It’s a cool short week Thursday night :crescent_moon: Possibly a blackout game at the Cage ??! I know it sounds far-fetched but CDH and staff need this win badly or the UH alumni and students will countdown for the basketball season to start.

3 Likes

I don’t think Cincy is that good. But that’s my opinion. And I take it only a few of you saw that steaming pile of horse ### dressed in SMU jerseys that played Tulsa week back.

They couldn’t complete a pass til the last 10 minutes of the game. Their special teams looked like Briles’ first year and their defense stunk like a yeast infection. Good thing they played the most miserable team in div 1.

They can beat us by 60 and they will still not be a top 25 team IMO. I don’t think they can beat anyone outside the conference.

Overall my impression is the conference is horribly weak this year…top to bottom. We’ll see in bowl season.

1 Like

We open at 13.5 home dogs. Wow. What a difference a couple years make

Sorry for you; one of the benefits of being an in town Coog (well Katy is close enough) is that I will get to go to the game and sit through the whole game cheering any good plays and encouraging the team if things are looking bad. I will sing the alma mater after the game, then go home happy about having been able to watch my Coogs play again. If we win it will be even better.

9 Likes

I’m planning on being there because I am a Cougar and win or lose they are my team.

12 Likes

Oldtime, you’ll have company from this OOTC!

2 Likes

Bought my tickets tonite. My son and I hope for a game. I have faith in this team, and the trajectory that coach DH is putting in place. If Tune and Carr are ready, and our team has its head in the game, we can at least give them a football game, despite all our weaknesses this year. Go Coogs! Beat SMU! They can buy a team for a year or two with their I don’t know how many transfers (but it is a LOT), but CDH is trying to build one for the long term, and I support that.

8 Likes

That’s wonderful. The more the merrier.

As we’ve said, they’ve beat everyone on their schedule… so give them credit. The SMU transfer from UTA at QB is the difference maker.

1 Like

So true. He is a transfer QB…hopefully DH can develop what he has, and he and his staff can recruit for the next season, and the next season etc. to put us in a position of being a contender year after year, and obviously, not just at QB. That is why we hired him to begin with!

Agree. Their QB is a red shirt junior, graduate transfer, started for TU in 2016 as true freshman meaning he earned his degree in 3 years (Wow). Has 2 years of eligibility.

I watched a lot of the Tulsa game…they didn’t impress me much either. They made some plays in the 4th quarter to tee up the win, but overall Tulsa played just as well – in Dallas. And granted we’ll have problems with Tulsa there, but if SMU is really legit Top 20, they should’ve smoked Tulsa. A win seems very improbable but that’s the beauty of college football – you never know. #GoCoogs

1 Like

Should be a very interesting match up between both coaches, who have known each other and coached together at TTech. Would love to hear Leach’s opinion on their development, as I’m sure he has followed both their careers. Especially since we’ve already played WSU.

I’m hoping we can contain schmooo’s hurry up offense and not let the game get out of hand early. And I’m really hopeful Tune is healthy and that Smith is quietly being developed for a bigger role.

We have been 20+ favorites going into Dallas with good teams, several times we should have steam rolled SMU but they found a way to win. This could be our payback.

5 Likes

dansatjr, pretty much sums up our fan base. Rival game, stay home, watch on TV, if doing bad turn it off.

We don’t have a great shot at beating SMU, but I’ll go to the game to support the school and the kids on the sidelines, the band, etc. If the players, musicians, cheerleaders were professionals it would be another matter but they are not and deserve support IMHO.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1186808227666763776

Bringing the Friday the 13th’s out for the Snooty Ponies.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1187005760108138497

Is it supposed to be a blackout? Or have we finally given up on trying to do this?

2 Likes