Maddox hits the transfer portal

I was there too, and considering we were picked 7th and Baylor was middle of the pack, the crowd of 37,500 in a 45,000 seat stadium was a real good crowd…and there werent plenty of empty anything where i sat…It was JAMMED!

Waco is not a one horse town, I have been through there several times and I definitely remember seeing TWO horses.

1 Like

The Cougar side in Waco in 1976 was,indeed, jammed.

It was exciting!

1 Like

I remember we had multiple student busses to the game

It’s actually my chart. I’ll be updating it next week.

For some reason he didnt add credit to you. He does indicate it isnt his. I missed that.

pray10PatrickRegular

Jul '16

If you’ve ever wondered about our attendance history throughout the years, here’s a link to a blog that keeps track of that:

indotav.blogspot.com

2015 Houston Cougar football attendance

I finally got around to the annual update of my wins-versus-attendance graph for UH Cougar Football: The Coogs averaged 33,980 fans over …

I know the author of the blog used to post on the other site; hope he moves over.

1 Like

I used to love taking the Royal Allen bus trips to the various games. Royal was a great Coog and his passing was way too soon. So many great Coog friends have passed but left me with fond memories. I’m talking about people like Royal Allen, James and Virginia Langham, Jim and Nancy Gammage, Bud Hayden, Willie and Marsha Burns, just to name a few.

4 Likes

Second chance, Levi Williams in the portal

Was Levi offered byApplewhite via Briles before Major was terminated?

Yes

I remember him.

Kendall gave us Tune, and identified this guy as a good QB.

I say go after him.

1 Like

The way he wound up at Wyoming would probably be a good reason why he wouldn’t pick up our call.

6 Likes

Special breed of folks who go out West in the snow and cold to make their way.

Don’t discount the heart.

Houston was, is, and forever will be a working class Cowboy town and there is much to admire about that.

1 Like

Yeah being offered by us and then having it taken away probably stings a little.

I honestly wouldn’t either. Go somewhere where you’re wanted and will actually get an opportunity to compete.

1 Like

My reference was to Bolder, Co, where the main topic of this thread is supposed to be headed . . . . .

Boulder is basically a suburb of Denver. From town center of Denver to that of Boulder is similar to Houston and Katy. If you go to the Distance between cities site you will find it lists Boulder to Denver as 29 miles. It also lists Katy to Houston as 29 miles.

1 Like

I mean you’d be wrong about Boulder then. It’s far, far from a one horse town. Between the city itself and it’s proximity to Denver or makes Waco look like Marfa.

Most programs do not have the depth they want at QB outside of Ohio State. If you do have the depth, then one of the guys will likely transfer to get playing time.

Why bring in a kid to take up a scholarship if you are going to “run him off”? It doesn’t make any sense. Nothing about what Dana is trying to build long-term matches up with the statement. I do think Dana wants to build competition and depth. At a position as important as QB, you would think he would have like 6 on the roster (just kidding).

If I was a QB, I would be soaking up everything I could from CDH, because the NFL is a crap shoot, but you could make millions getting into coaching. At worst, you are holding a clip board and learning an offense that has been successful over the years.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MassoudSofian/status/1476297583798722562?s=20