Mattress Mack signs 7 figure NIL deal with UH Basketball

Haven’t you heard the old adage, “There’s no such thing as bad publicity.?”

2 Likes

He doesn’t have to do it. But i thank him for taking the time to come out to the games. Bet on us and take the guys out for dinner and put a bit of change in their pocket to help them.

12 Likes

I’m gonna need that ball Mr. Mack…

It will be interesting to see less players jump early to the draft now that they can actually make money in college. If you’re not a lock 1st round why go if you can pully a scholly plus 6 figures (or more)?

1 Like

Some parts of the city - not all as if you grew up south of gallery furniture it had no impact - I can tell you a good story how he pulled his support of
A candidate for a coaching gig when he was the best person available for that job

Rich folks like other rich folks lol

In the biz, they call that a teaser.

N©πt# $id€!!!

I don’t think that it’s widely known that he has taken about 30% of his facility’s floor space and turned it into a vocational school. Quietly giving back.

He’s a stud and a blessing to our city

6 Likes

Was on the UT football roster but didn’t play. Transferred and graduated fro UNT

2 Likes

I thought he wanted to get into the charter school business? That’s another conversation for another date

Gallery furniture has no south side presence - that’s why that Hilton guy started to grow but he couldn’t sustain the Mack model and couldn’t keep up financially after bombing with the comets

Gallery Furniture has 3 locations in Houston:

• Mack screaming “6006 I-45, between Tidwell and Parker”
  • 7227 West Grand Parkway South, Richmond Texas
  • 2411 Post Oak Blvd, Houston, TX

No stores in South Houston.

Man, I sure hope he wins that $1.5 million just like he won that $75 million betting on the Astros! Lightning does strike twice – or more!

LMAO at that look on Tramon Mark’s face! Looks kind of like a zombie there! He sure doesn’t look all that happy there!

2 Likes

I don’t think Mark is great at pictures with fans :smile:

Took a picture with him once, had that same look

He’s a good dude though

3 Likes

Oh, wow!

Remind me….did he do anything to help out just a tad in regards to hurricanes and flooding?

Ahhh, probably not….must be thinking of someone else.

3 Likes

he was the best guy - bottom line - school went with a retread and he failed - didn’t want to make a bold hire but not surprised - they rarely do

he helped out - great of him - but I’m not going to put him on a pedestal -

1 Like

Is that the waiter in the middle?? Guy has the smile of someone who just got a $500 tip

I think he’ll win $8 million total if we win…

1 Like