Memphis

Memphis players, coaches, and fans have been insufferable in football and basketball for the past decade. I will love any opportunity to point and laugh at them for the rest of my life

12 Likes

Exactly. I donā€™t think there is going to be a response for that one. If itā€™s SMU or Rice than it would be laughableā€¦

IYKYN

This would seem basic if it werenā€™t 100% entirely accurate. To be honest I donā€™t think Musselman is going to have a culture at Arkansas either. I think both programs just run a talent raffle every year.

4 Likes

Yeah, after this portal season Arkansas will always be the P6 Memphis to me. Doesnā€™t matter if they always punch above their weight come march

3 Likes

Honestlyā€¦ We donā€™t have one.

The one we want, doesnā€™t even think about us.

Not quite sure who you think is our rivals.

Right now everyone gives us their best because of what we have accomplished. When one we play often can step up to our level a rivalry will be created.

This memphis signee is done. Well maybe not. Penny still wants him.

https://twitter.com/munzly/status/1649138274106060805?t=60UleeWkVN0s6C47FaKj5A&s=19

ā€œThere was a verbal argument about guests in the house being asked to leave,ā€ the release states. ā€œFive people got into a car and as they were driving away, shots were fired. The car was hit, but no one was hurt.ā€

Mikey needs to transfer to UT. Problem solved.

5 Likes

Sounds like Mikey was at the wrong place at the wrong timešŸ¤£

2 Likes

Give to Mikey heā€™ll eat anything.

6 Likes

It was the refs!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I understand those who say ā€œI donā€™t give a #%*Ā£ about Memphis.ā€ And I understand those who have a morbid curiosity about our program. I happen to agree that a true rivalry canā€™t happen over three or four years.
But by AAC standards it was about as close as we could get. Cincy hasnā€™t been a true rival since the Van Exel days. For Memphis, Louisville is still the gold standard of rivalry hate. But another few years and you guys were right there! Good luck in the Big 12 Coogs.
Thatā€™s a beast of a league. Iā€™ll be watching.

14 Likes

Iā€™m probably one of the few, but Iā€™d hope we can continue playing several AAC teams out of conference, especially Memphis.

Thereā€™s definitely some friction between the teams (Memphis and UH), and the games (esp. football) are often exciting. Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m looking for as a fan. IMO, Memphis is the closest thing to a rivalry weā€™ve had in the AAC. Why stop now?

8 Likes

Stansbury is not a good HC. But as an assistant, guy can recruit

Why would someone leave a HC job to become an assistant? Unless heā€™s thinking heā€™s about to be fired, or truly hates being a HC, that makes no sense.

Rick Stansbury was fired/resigned from Western Kentucky

7 seasons. 2 NIT appearances. Just didnā€™t get it done

Oh gotcha. That tweet above says ā€œhas coached since 2016ā€ which sounds like heā€™s still coaching.

I thought the same thing

I think thereā€™s an organic hatred for UH that manifests almost spontaneously. There are a lot of people that hate big cities. The same people that hate us probably hate Miami. Its an image thing. I know the old SWC hated us and still do. Most of those schools didnā€™t think we belonged and grew to hate us more when we won. If youā€™re young you didnā€™t experience it. When UT came to the dome the same Horn fans that bought me lunch during the summer suddenly became vile and hateful at the game.

4 Likes