Mills transferring

He’s no longer my favorite coog.

Damn it Caleb.

Good luck man!

Makes me have even more respect for Dejon being willing to come off the bench at times.

This is a great opportunity for Tramon Mark

14 Likes

Every other player on the team is doing just fine, or at least still playing.

People stating “covid and this season have just been difficult, I don’t blame him” - every single player in the league is dealing with it.

He quit the team. Nothing more nothing less.

Good riddance.

6 Likes

Guess he was to good to come off the bench to help the team?

2 Likes

Why is an Adidas program significant? How does it benefit the player?

That is the rumor mill that adidas folks started tampering with him. Which shoe company your school has deal with mean A LOT in the college basketball cesspool that is recruiting believe me.

This one hurts. He was my favorite player on the team. A super talent. I wish him much success going forward. Well, the already struggling offense will have to step it up. Dang it! That’s 3 big team losses this season.

1 Like

AKA the company that was paying the bills for him

See Scoreboard at SMU.

1 Like

King played in Holgi’s offense in the spring. He could have bounced after spring ball if he didn’t like the fit. We went through the entire fall practices getting him ready to start. Replacing a QB midseason is a much bigger ask than a guard on a pretty deep team who had been in and out of the lineup. King’s decision also forced Tune to burn his redshirt on a wasted year.

Plus King said he was coming back then didn’t, made the school a national punchline for “tanking”, and lied about Dana suggesting the idea and Dana had to stay tight lipped on it.

I’m over being frustrated with King but I don’t think a transfer decision from UH is ever going to match that, including this one even if ultimately turns out to be a case of Caleb having a bad attitude.

4 Likes

Folks don’t just leave in the middle of the season over little stuff To me this sounds like a coach and player problem. Maybe expectations, maybe playing time, maybe role on team, maybe attitude only the program knows and only the program will know. We will be fine and Mills will be fine. This may even make us better.

7 Likes

Hypothetical…

What if Adidas was allegedly paying the bills, but he decided to sign with another program?

What is Adidas’ recourse, if any?

Stop paying bills & benefits ???

Example: if he was given a car it probably gets repossessed.

1 Like

Unfortunately this is stuff is going to happen more and more. There is so much money and stuff involved in college sports it has corrupted everything. Coaches will quit on a team too.

1 Like

Not sure who has listened to coach’s media session today but at least the last minute is worth a listen.

I’m not sure when it was recorded, either before or after the Mills transfer news, but it sure seemed like at least Berman already knew. Berman asked questions with phrases like “moving forward with the roster” but they never directly mentioned Mills.

In any case, the last minute where coach is talking about playing time sure seemed like he was directing it towards someone/something in particular. He sure made the last statement quite emphatically.

Makes me wonder…:thinking:

We are #11 and 1 point away from undefeated with mills barely playing any significant minutes in a weird pandemic season that has seen All of our freshman play and score. Mills was good, he is no longer a Coog, we will move on.

If he was putting up the output he had last season right now in every game then I would be super concerned.

14 Likes

Watch the last few minutes of today’s media session with sampson. He goes off about HE decided who plays amd for how many minutes, who starts and who comes off the bench, etc. i thought it was weird when inwatched it earlier but now in this context it makes sense, perhaps.

3 Likes

That would be an attitude problem.

Prima Donna complaining about minutes.

5 Likes

Tulsa game. 1 week later he is gone.

He said clearly he wanted to go home. Doesn’t faze me a bit. Now, if he signs with Kansas I’ll change my tune.

Well, Duke seems to be a little bit down. Maybe he’ll head there.

1 Like