Name your HS football team(s) of choice!

Spring Lions

Angleton Wildcats!

2 Likes

Spring Lion here as well.

1 Like

James Brown, Beaumont West Brook QB,1992. A legend.

Aldine Mustangs, late 80s/early 90s. Jake Yates as well during the 80s.

Mart

5 Likes

Clear Brook Wolverines!

Lamar Redskins, class of 77

1 Like

Stafford High Spartans

My son played QB in 2012-13. Loved watching Friday night lights and Coog games on Saturdays.

3 Likes

Milby Buffaloes
Strake Jesuit (Son attended)

The Panthers!!

1 Like

I went to a Stafford vs Port Lavaca game in Stafford but I think it was 2014 or 2015 maybe 2016. I watched Stafford in 2020 playoffs I believe in New Caney vs Chapel Hill.

My wife was zoned to Aldine but went to MacArthur. I can’t believe how bad the Aldine schools are now especially Aldine. The Mustangs are picked last every year in their district.

Y’all have a nice little stadium in Angleton. Saw La Marque beat El Campo on a wheeel route to rb Timothy Wright for the Cougars back in 2010 or 2011 I believe.

I don’t think El Campo have ever beaten La Marque. They would dominate La Marque now if they played but Cougars dropped classification.

Weatherford Kangaroos! And then very briefly Azle Yellowjackets, but I was barely there before I moved to Houston to attend UH

I have an Uncle named Noel Bryan that was a Vet in Weatherford for decades!

Nederland Bulldogs

2 Likes

We moved from Weatherford in the late 90’s and it was still a small town. I took my wife through there a few years ago and it had grown exponentially, I hardly recognized it. The acreage I grew up on was a subdivision. The Barnett Shale gas play significantly changed things.

Chandler Valley Christian Trojans

Great picture.

Grew up south of Houston. Dad had a gas station, Mom postmaster of a 4th class Post Office. We would let people buy gas on credit. Kept a card deck with what peopled owed us and they would pay us back when they could. No interest charged. People were more honest then and you could trust them to pay you back. Note: We did not have a pot to piss in either, but we made things work for us and those who lived around us.

Oh, and graduated as a Fighting Van Vleck Leopard.

4 Likes