Navy vs UH -- Week 4

We are extremely lucky to have Navy in our conference. That game usually gets a good crowd at TDECU.

Even during a down season, they are a national brand.

I never say no way we can lose to anyone because I remember too many examples of games that were head scratchers. In 1978 we won the SWC and beat 4 top ten teams during the season. Yet we lost to 4-7 Memphis. Need I remind anyone of our 2015 loss to UConn?

4 Likes

Derek said they are having QB issues and had to pull up a backup from the prep academy. They have one QB on the injured list. Hoping their offensive coaching issues are a plus for us. Navy always seems to pull a hat trick.

4 Likes

Come play at Navy (or Army or Air Force). That’s if you have great grades. After 4 years you’ll owe us 6 years of active duty as a commissioned officer and always be eligible for call-up as the the military sees fit.

That is a tough sell. All the academies do very well, all things considered.

It is Houston Cougar Football we always have at least one WTF game. It just comes with being a Coog.

2 Likes

I wish they would have left the OC / play calling for Navy where it was for one more week. Hopefully, the Coogs prevail and get some work in on the offense to get it right before the schedule gets harder.

1 Like

SI odds and stats for UH v Navy

Chron article on UH v Navy

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1440368700947718149?s=19

5 Likes

Just in time to get CHOP BLOCKED all day!

Go get 'em Dot!

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken aren’t all former military always eligible for call up as the military sees fit?

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1440369080670711811?s=19

3 Likes

Yes, we’ll find out how “ruthless” the defense is when they play someone with a winning record

We all saw how “ruthlessly” they tackled against Tech

3 Likes

Pls keep the Positive flow going.

3 Likes

Hoping the Day gets better!

2 Likes

Oh no I 100% agree with you, we should destroy Navy, but I just know people are afraid of them for that reason. They also have played us tough in the past. This isn’t the Navy teams from 2015-2020.

1 Like

No. You are eligible for 6 years. In my day it was 2 years active with 4 years active reserves or 3 years active and 3 years inactive reserves. After 6, I could be brought in if I volunteered or if all the draft eligible males in the USA had been depleted

1 Like

Ah ok!

I used to think this way, but we play Navy pretty much every year now. Our coaches and most of our players should be very well acquainted with the triple option by now, especially since CDH and Belk have both been here for 2 full years. Navy is a hot mess and we SHOULD have no problems winning. But as others on here have noted, we’ve had some pretty head-scratching losses in recently memory.

2 Likes

I’m more worried about Navy than any other team on our schedule because we play Navy this week. Next week I will be more worried about Tulsa than any other team on our schedule.

7 Likes