New uniforms connect UH to THE CITY in all new way

As a school and the marketing department, do you go with what a majority of people liked and got positive media coverage or do you go with what a few people who always find something to gripe about didn’t like?

It was probably a once a year deal. It was popular. If you didn’t like it, too bad.

Says one of the best definitions of a blowhard on this board. How many times did you try that fail coaches joke in game thread

I knew you’d come around.

You don’t have to hit me in the face with a wet mop to get my attention.

2 Likes

Please submit your resume for the job of assistant AD / Uniform Picker before making any further complaints.

2 Likes

Yeah, but the visual of that is still top notch comedy IMO.

Just my opinion, but it’s the arguing that makes someone a blowhard. There is one specific poster that is a perfect example.

2 Likes

The Fail Bowl isn’t a joke. Its been around for two weeks.

If you’re associating that color scheme with La Tech over the Oilers, then you should probably back down from this one. That’s like saying 2+2 = fish. 98% of social media and the masses associated this scheme with the Oilers and the other 2% associated it with SMU or Ole Miss. if you’re associating these unis with La Tech, either you’re from Ruston, LA or you just have a unique mind that remembers their unis over the Oilers.

It’s ok to hate the color scheme or dislike the style if you’re not an Oilers fan. It’s not ok to dislike it if you think it’s a ripoff from a lower G5 school. Hell, man, everything is a ripoff nowadays. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have Ed Sheeran playing his guitar on a witness stand to claim his innocence from Marvin Gaye’s family.

You have to tip your cap to the success of this marketing campaign. It more than worked.

I was a big Oilers fan. I just said the uniforms belong to Louisiana Tech. That “fact” shouldn’t elicit religious outbursts. Its true. We can like and dislike different things. I like our stadium. I like our student section. I like the beer kiosk near the top of my section. I hate the f#% uniforms. That’s all.

I’m not trying to start any argument with you, but I really don’t understand why you seem to be so upset with this. I can tell you definitively that the players ABSOLUTELY LOVED this alternate uniform. I don’t doubt what you say about your resume of design and athletics marketing, but I would think that you would know that any publicity is really good publicity. We had a considerable uptick in people/media/social media talking about UH Cougar Football. I can understand if these uniforms don’t appeal to you, but they appealed to our players, a considerable amount of fans, and a considerable amount of people outside of the Houston market. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you seem hell bent on changing other people’s opinion that doesn’t agree with yours. Why?

7 Likes

Blow harder

But they don’t.

5 Likes

This isn’t the local bath house. Keep your neuro-erotic fantasies to reddit.

We have a local bath house? Who knew? I didn’t know there were any of those in the US.

1 Like

Why not? It’s something different. I like the stripes over the top of the helmets.

I go to this one every week.

2 Likes

Why does every AI generative chick have Far East origins and a nice set of knockers? Not that I’m complaining.

Probably because they know guys like that.

1 Like

Really,really,really smart move ! Talk about some cleaver marketing !
Go Coogs !