Next Head Coach

#5,9 and 10 in the state 6A. Central TX stands out. @Pollardsvision can attest to that.

1 Like

It’s been around for awhile…… it is put together well…only issue is they undervalue some teams that have a few more losses but it’s because they play in tough tournaments….still a good look though.

If you check out the top 50 list you will see that Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Baylor……But then you will also see Dallas Baptist, UTSA, and Texas State are also ahead……only two kids to UH and I would not be surprised if they switch based on the performance of the team….plus what their coaches are hearing….

Maybe MBKB losing to Miami will put Pezman in the mood to fire a head coach… other than Sampson :smile:.

2 Likes

Don’t know if we are even going to look for a new
head coach based on what is h

You didn’t finish sentence but his contract was not extended……last year right now.

No NCAA tournament and he is gonzo.

3 Likes

Our luck we sneak in and get clobbered the first game by Southern Illinois by 18 runs. Then Pezman comes out the next day and says they’ve inked Whitting to a four year extension.

I will #% march on cullen.

3 Likes

Man, even we aren’t unlucky enough to get an at-large bid with this schedule and the ugly losses we have.

But I’d rather get trounced by SIU than UT Arlington or whatever. :no_mouth:

I should have said Texas Southern.

I think he has to at least make the CWS before we even consider giving him a new contract.

3 Likes

Imagine it TSU had UH facilities and funding - they would be hungrier to win even more as this is an upgrade

Every coach we hire already in P5 land and from a successful program will want more and more -

Need to hire from a G5 overachiever or such where this is a major upgrade for them

1 Like

UTSA and Texas st. Coaches fit that description.

2 Likes

Speaking of facilities, the Astros pledged money to build new baseball and softball stadiums on their campus. They deserve it, as they had been playing in public parks.

2 Likes

Has the team done enough for CTW to stay? What’s the likelihood he’s back?

It’s not like this year has been that much different from what he does every year. Like the man said, he gets to the CWS, THAT will be different.

No.

The schedule was horrible ( ranked 122) and although the team has played better lately it’s not having an impact because of who they are beating.

26-19 record but only 94th in RPI.

They only have 2 quad one wins( ECU) and zero from the OOC.
Record of 5-9 in quad 2….12 of the wins are against quad 4 teams….and they have three losses in quad 4.

The team is on pace to finish with about the same record as last year with an even worse schedule.

5 Likes

I think that cracking the top 100 is as noteworthy as cracking the top 10 once was and should be today answers that question.

3 Likes

I’ll admit I haven’t followed the program as much as I should so just curious.

Rightly or wrongly, he probably won’t be fired if he wins a conference title, whether regular season or tourney.

Pretty hard to justify firing a coach that finishes first.

Sends a bad message to the next guy.

Finishing first is nice, but even a SWAC team finishes first. The goal is to get to Omaha, and that hasn’t been realistic for several years now.

2 Likes

Tournament or bust.

3 Likes